Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42
  1. #11  
    Senior Member LibraryLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,748
    I just don't think there are that many "true Conservatives" any longer. I doubt very seriously that I or any member of my family would move into a "new" party. Some of the things that are so vital to "true conservatives" are not on our list. jmho
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Our country is commiting suicide with McCain, only a littler slower.

    I agree, but having him in office instead of Obama will buy us conservatives time to regroup and save this country.


    We desperately need the time. McCain, as flawed as he is, will give us a lot more time than Obama.
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member FeebMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I agree, but having him in office instead of Obama will buy us conservatives time to regroup and save this country.


    We desperately need the time. McCain, as flawed as he is, will give us a lot more time than Obama.
    More than likely the conservatives will sit around for four to eight years while McCain spends like a drunken sailor, prints money like it's free, and possibly makes a token tax cut.

    Then next election, we'll be right back where we are. With the conservatives begging people to vote for their guy to buy some time cause the Democrat will omg destroy the country in four years.

    Wait a minute. This all sounds familiar. I think I'm having a flashback to previous elections.

    Nice system you guys have going there.
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    More than likely the conservatives will sit around for four to eight years while McCain spends like a drunken sailor, prints money like it's free, and possibly makes a token tax cut.

    Then next election, we'll be right back where we are. With the conservatives begging people to vote for their guy to buy some time cause the Democrat will omg destroy the country in four years.

    Wait a minute. This all sounds familiar. I think I'm having a flashback to previous elections.

    Nice system you guys have going there.

    You might be right, but right now I don't see as we have a real alternative option. If we DO elect McCain, we damned well better start holding our representatives feet to the fire. We have not done that, no argument. The alternative however is to have absolutely NO ability to stop the slide and once we have crossed the Rubicon, we are done for as a free country. I can see the river banks from here, we must stall while we still can, and then we NEED to elect real conservatives.
     

  5. #15  
    gator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I agree, but having him in office instead of Obama will buy us conservatives time to regroup and save this country.


    We desperately need the time. McCain, as flawed as he is, will give us a lot more time than Obama.

    Things got worse under the big government administration of Bush and it will get worse under McCain.

    McCain will continue with increased spending. The deficit will also increase. The government will continue to take out a third of the GNP or more. The looming 56 trillion dollar entitlement debt is still out there. We will continue to intervene all over the world.

    Just because that is a slightly slower rate than what would happen under Obama is not acceptable.

    It has taken me a long time to understand that the Republicans are just as much of a threat to Republic as the Democrats. Both parties do the same destructive things to our country.

    We will not regroup under McCain any more than we regrouped under Bush.

    Spending went up a trillion dollars a year under Bush. I suspect it will go up another trillion dollars a year under McCain. The damage that will be done with the trillion dollar a year increase will be almost as destructive as the damage done by Obama's 1.5 trillion a year increase. The real damage can not be measured in the .5 trillion dollar a year difference but in the fact we will continue the out of control spiral.

    For instance, if you are in the mode of spending more money than you make each month and spending most of it on wasteful stuff hen it doesn't mean much if you are in debt $10000 or $15000 does it? What means the most is that you are still spending more than you make and you are still wasting the money. Until you fix the structural problem you are still pretty much screwed, right?

    McCain will do nothing to fix the problem. He doesn’t even understand the problem. Couple that with the fact he is notorious on compromising with the Democrats and you have a recipe for disaster. The same as with Obama.
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Things got worse under the big government administration of Bush and it will get worse under McCain.

    Just because that is a slightly slower rate than what would happen under Obama is not acceptable..

    I agree, but right now we simply have no realistic alternative to stop the train. We need the time to put in place real conservatives, and Obama will not give us the time. McCain will.
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Member FeebMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I agree, but right now we simply have no realistic alternative to stop the train. We need the time to put in place real conservatives, and Obama will not give us the time. McCain will.
    You're fooling yourself if you think McCain is going to buy you any time.

    Also, you've had many a year to put real conservatives, whatever that means, into government. What makes you think another four to eight years is going to make any difference?
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    You're fooling yourself if you think McCain is going to buy you any time.

    Also, you've had many a year to put real conservatives, whatever that means, into government. What makes you think another four to eight years is going to make any difference?

    Getting people like you to vote would help!!!!
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Member FeebMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Getting people like you to vote would help!!!!
    Not really. Even assuming you could find someone I'd consider voting for, he'd be so repulsive to such a massive percentage of the population that even thinking about running would be laughable.

    Plus, half the people who might vote for him would stay home anyway because they probably have a moral objection to enforcing their views on others through voting, cutting his potential voters down to about twenty.

    Plus he probably wouldn't want the job.
     

  10. #20  
    gator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I agree, but right now we simply have no realistic alternative to stop the train. We need the time to put in place real conservatives, and Obama will not give us the time. McCain will.
    Again, I disagree that Mccain will buy us anything of substance. All it will do is solidify the big government NeoCons. We didn't get an improvement after Bush. All we got is another NeoCon successor.

    I understand you trying to rationalize this election out as the lesser of two evils. I am sure that sounds reasonable to you. It would have to me had I not come to the realization that we need major change to restore the Republic and the Constitution, not just the same old crap at a little less rate.
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •