Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I think we are in complete agreement EXCEPT on the amount of damage that Obama will do. I don't think we can recover from 4 years of him.
    What have I said that makes you think I don't think Obama will do a lot of damage? He will will be like Carter on steriods.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    What have I said that makes you think I don't think Obama will do a lot of damage? He will will be like Carter on steriods.
    Isn't that a good thing? Reagan had so much power because of how bad Carter was. Seems you just need to nominate someone who will actually shrink government instead of talking about it, and there are a lot of those around these days.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Isn't that a good thing? Reagan had so much power because of how bad Carter was. Seems you just need to nominate someone who will actually shrink government instead of talking about it, and there are a lot of those around these days.
    If the country did not take so much damage it might be, but the fact of the matter is that we STILL are suffering from the damage Carter did to this country.

The whole issue with radical islams rise can be laid, to a large degree, at Carter's feet.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post

It's just that it seems that even consequences of an Obama Presidency is not enough for you to vote for McCain. Obama's policies, in my opinion, will prevent us from EVER being able to have a real conservative govt.

We simply won't have the rights and freedoms required to counter the state.

I would love to vote for 'an alternative, but I did that once for Ross Perot along with many, many others and all that got us was Bill Clinton. I will only consider an alternative vote when "they" allow INSTANT RUNOFF VOTING.

So I will "hold my nose" and repeat over and over to myself, "Remember Supreme Court Justice appointments"....... :(
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    It's just that it seems that even consequences of an Obama Presidency is not enough for you to vote for McCain. Obama's policies, in my opinion, will prevent us from EVER being able to have a real conservative govt.

We simply won't have the rights and freedoms required to counter the state.
    The answer is not to be found in the ballot box this time around but in the streets of Revolution City. We are past the point where the problems can be fixed by more of the same. Just mixing up the existing slate of politicians won't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by talleyJudy View Post
    So I will "hold my nose" and repeat over and over to myself, "Remember Supreme Court Justice appointments"....... :(

It will be ironic when the supreme court justice appointments you're hoping for screw you.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    It will be ironic when the supreme court justice appointments you're hoping for screw you.
    Roe V Wade was put into law on a Republican supreme court wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    Yep, it will be ironic.

Are you suggesting I go for dead certainty with B. Hussain O. :eek: rather than irony with McCain? :mad:
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Getting back to the subject of the Constitution Party, I wish some would give pros and cons of INSTANT RUNOFF VOTING in regards to advancing the ideas and persons of minor parties.