1. #1 Country Star Glen Campbell Diagnosed with Alzheimer's 
    NASHVILLE Ė Country legend Glen Campbell has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, his wife told People magazine Wednesday.

Though the "Rhinestone Cowboy" singer has suffered from minor short-term memory loss for several years, the Alzheimer's diagnosis came about six months ago, wife Kim Campbell said.

The 75-year-old has decided to give a set of farewell live performances this fall and his family wanted to go public with the news of his disease so the public would be aware of his condition.

"Glen is still an awesome guitar player and singer," his wife told People. "But if he flubs a lyric or gets confused on stage, I wouldn't want people to think, 'What's the matter with him? Is he drunk?'"

Campbell, a 2005 inductee to the Country Music Hall of Fame, has recorded more than 50 albums over the past 50 years, though his biggest hits came in the 1960's and 1970's.

"I still love making music," he said. "And I still love performing for my fans."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...rs/?test=faces
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

This has to tear apart a creative mind like a musician. I wish he and his family all the best.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Pretty sad for him. One of my first record singles was Rhinestone cowboy

Wonder if all those beatings he used to take from Tanya Tucker had anything to do with this. She would whoop his arse. She did hit him over the head with heavy objects early and often.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

For those that didn't know...Glen was also the touring lead guitarist for the Beach Boys when Bryan Wilson was having his mental health issues. He was permanently replaced by Bruce Johnston when Glen decided to go solo.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

that's hard news. my fav was always gentle on my mind.
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

He either had a variety show in the 70s, or was just a frequent guest on everyone else's variety shows in the 70s. I basically remember him in that context, and, of course, for "Rhinestone Cowboy".

It's a sad way to go. I hope he can benefit from some of the new medications being used now for Alzheimer's. They can't stop the disease, but they can slow the progression of it.