Thread: H. Clinton to Congress; objections are anti-democratic, even un-American

1. #1 H. Clinton to Congress; objections are anti-democratic, even un-American 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110623/..._clinton_libya

Clinton asks Congress, whose side are you on?
    By Bradley Klapper, Associated Press – Wed Jun 22, 2011

MONTEGO BAY, Jamaica – U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is questioning the priorities of lawmakers criticizing the U.S. intervention in Libya.

She’s asking bluntly, "Whose side are you on?"
    Isn’t irony ironic?

Back in April of 2003 when the invasion of Iraq was still underway, Hillary famously shrieked at a Democrat fund-raiser in Connecticut that it was the patriotic duty of every American to dissent.

Quote: "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you’re not patriotic. And we should stand up and say ‘We are America,’ that we have a right to disagree with any administration.’"
    Setting up a showdown on Libya, House Republicans agreed Wednesday to vote on dueling measures, one to give President Barack Obama limited authority to continue U.S. involvement in the NATO-led operation against Moammar Gadhafi and the other to cut off funds for military hostilities.

The measures reflect widespread dissatisfaction with Obama's decision not to seek congressional consent for the 3-month-old war.

Clinton says Congress is free to raise objections but questions the priorities of the critics. She says the Obama administration and its partners are rightly siding with the Libyan people.

She spoke about Libya during a brief stop in Jamaica.

Sounds like Hillary no longer considers dissent to be patriotic. In fact, she seems to be implying that any objections are anti-democratic, even un-American.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    quite the different tune now that it's Obama's war and not Bush's
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry