Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OK, I will say that I would definitely have preferred that all serving LEOs & first responders were given exemption from this round of cuts. I have some friends in both lines of work, and I have a very good idea of how stressful the work they do is.

There is a huge amount of waste in public services both in the US and here in the UK. Most of it, here, is at the top tiers of the agencies. A lot of it is unionised, a lot of it is, even after a year or so of more rational government, an outcome of political correctness, and a lot of it is just local government fat-cat self aggrandisement.

It's the usual story. The grunts doing the really useful work get fucked over and the fat cats feather their nests, at everyone's expense.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Here's the deal. Talking with the rank and file at my prison, we've discussed that we're willing to take zero raise for the next 4 years and even an increase in what we pay for medical. We don't mind that. But talking about taking something back, how about the legislators give something of their back? Or cut some of these political appointee jobs? Or cut a few administrators? We have 5 administrators at our jail: An Administrator, her assistant, and 3 facility superintendents. All make over $100K a year. Does each facility need a superintendent? Complete with secretary? And I'm not sure this is unique to my jail. But you don't hear that. You hear of cutting our stuff.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Here's the deal. Talking with the rank and file at my prison, we've discussed that we're willing to take zero raise for the next 4 years and even an increase in what we pay for medical. We don't mind that. But talking about taking something back, how about the legislators give something of their back? Or cut some of these political appointee jobs? Or cut a few administrators? We have 5 administrators at our jail: An Administrator, her assistant, and 3 facility superintendents. All make over $100K a year. Does each facility need a superintendent? Complete with secretary? And I'm not sure this is unique to my jail. But you don't hear that. You hear of cutting our stuff.
    Totally agree with you.

The NJ Teachers Union should have had the same stance as you guys. They wouldn't even yield 1.5pc medical contributions.

That's exactly the sort of shit that gets NJ unions a bad name. And you know what, mostly it's the unions, not the rank and file members of the unions, who are to blame.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Totally agree with you.

The NJ Teachers Union should have had the same stance as you guys. They wouldn't even yield 1.5pc medical contributions.

That's exactly the sort of shit that gets NJ unions a bad name. And you know what, mostly it's the unions, not the rank and file members of the unions, who are to blame.
    Therein lies the rub. NJDOC has to make cuts but the teachers do not. And guess what? Neither does the State Police. We are a political pawn nothing more. Oh, and we've made cuts. We've had positions cut to the point where our response has been cut. Lord help us if something kicks off...as it did last September. One more thing, it's already been established that our local union leadership has their own interests in mind. There has been a huge pissing contest going on.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 06-24-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Are you listening to a word I said? Where you work, do you face the possibility of getting assaulted each and every day? And have I milked the system? No and neither has the majority. Just because of a few assholes you're willing to throw the rest under the bus? The way you tell it, we're ALL milking the system. Was Officer Baker milking the system? Why don't we ask him. Oh, I forgot. He was killed when an inmate put a piece of metal through his heart. As for our pensions, do you even know what you're talking about? Did you know that Christine Whitman, a Republican, did to the pension system? And subsequent governors? They robbed it blind and haven't paid back a dime into it. Just in case you didn't know, we are in grave danger of our pension system going bankrupt because the state just couldn't stand to see that money sitting there doing nothing. Think of social security but on a smaller scale. That's what we're facing. You are acting like a complete asshole because of abject jealousy. Yes, jealousy. And you don't think we're taxpayers? We pay taxes too, genius. You act like all we do is sit around playing cards all day waiting for a paycheck. Then you don't have a clue. Like I said, a vast majority of CO's are hard working people but noooo, we're going to use a few assholes to judge the whole lot of us. Well, fuck you very much too.
    No FUCK FACE I dont give a shit what you make but when I have to listen to assholes like you bitch and moan when you have to give back ANYTHING, SO go fuck yourself douche bag. I PAY your salary so I get to bitch about it and you dont have a right to complain about it. I work my ass off in a demanding job with little benefits and I need to hear you crying about losing some of those you have? You should thank me and go on your way. I want you to ask yourself who is going to have to pay back all that money to your stinking pension? ME (the taxpayer)I will have to pay in it again.

I have had it up to here with listening to all the civil servants in this state bitch about having to go without a raise for a year or might have to pay a little into their health beni's. I wouldnt paint everyone with a broad brush but it seems like every CO I know of or heard of is milking the systems so I am sure its not a few people here and there.
    Last edited by Bailey; 06-24-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    No FUCK FACE I dont give a shit what you make but when I have to listen to assholes like you bitch and moan when you have to give back ANYTHING, SO go fuck yourself douche bag. I PAY your salary so I get to bitch about it and you dont have a right to complain about it. I work my ass off in a demanding job with little benefits and I need to hear you crying about losing some of those you have? You should thank me and go on your way. I want you to ask yourself who is going to have to pay back all that money to your stinking pension? ME (the taxpayer)I will have to pay in it again.

I have had it up to here with listening to all the civil servants in this state bitch about having to go without a raise for a year or might have to pay a little into their health beni's. I wouldnt paint everyone with a broad brush but it seems like every CO I know of or heard of is milking the systems so I am sure its not a few people here and there.
    Nice name calling. Do the words grow up mean anything to you? You do know that the sign of a losing argument is when you resort to name calling and profanity. Let alone a lack of intelligence. Too bad for you I guess. Oh, and I pay taxes too. More than likely more than you. But I'm glad you feel this way. And do you know how much we pay into our own pension system? Do you know what we get if we receive full retirement benefits? Something tells me no. Oh, and I DO have the right to complain. See, we have free speech in this country and being a civil servant doesn't preclude us from those rights. So, again, grow up.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 06-24-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Nice name calling. Do the words grow up mean anything to you? You do know that the sign of a losing argument is when you resort to name calling and profanity. Let alone a lack of intelligence. Too bad for you I guess. Oh, and I pay taxes too. More than likely more than you.

No its more of a sigh of anger to tell the truth but I could care less what someone who draws a check from the state cares about. toodles.

Dont you have an inmate to beat on?

No its more of a sigh of anger to tell the truth but I could care less what someone who draws a check from the state cares about. toodles.

And there we have it. You know, I bet if I was military, this wouldn't be tolerated. Because that comment was uncalled for. I'm trying to have an intelligent conversation on something and it devolves into this. Nice. Thanks mods.

And there we have it. You know, I bet if I was military, this wouldn't be tolerated. Because that comment was uncalled for. I'm trying to have an intelligent conversation on something and it devolves into this. Nice. Thanks mods.
    We aren't here to baby sit your ass, if you don't like what he fucking said call him out in the dome.
    We step in you fucking whine, we don't step in you fucking whine. grow some gawdam balls!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I draw a federal paycheck. You feel the same way about us Federal employees?

THAT...was uncalled for.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.