1. #1 So Glenn Beck is starting a pay website called GBTV. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    LOL!!! This just kills them. :D

toddwv (1000+ posts) Fri Jun-24-11 02:15 AM
    Original message So Glenn Beck is starting a pay website called GBTV.

Is anyone else glad that they no longer have to subsidize that douchebag with their cable money?

And grats to the people who have already freed themselves from commercial television. There was a time in my life when I didn't have cable or satellite. Those were happy times but circumstances beyond my control have relegated me to a fairly sedentary lifestyle... :_(
    May the FORCE be with you!

I didn't know that paying a cable bill was subsidizing Glenn Beck.

They should welcome this move-Beck will either sink or succeed based on whether enough people are willing to pay to read or watch his rants.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I didn't know that paying a cable bill was subsidizing Glenn Beck.

They should welcome this move-Beck will either sink or succeed based on whether enough people are willing to pay to read or watch his rants.
    If you want to watch or read rants how about bat shit crazies like Whoopi G., Joy B., E. Shultz, Chris M. or the lies that NYT and NBC puts out.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    If you want to watch or read rants how about bat shit crazies like Whoopi G., Joy B., E. Shultz, Chris M. or the lies that NYT and NBC puts out.
    That wasn't really my point. My point is, why should anyone care that there is programming on cable that they don't like? His cable fees are not underwriting the costs of the Glenn Beck show. FOX and the advertisers do that. If he finds the show objectionable, he shouldn't watch it.

Also, since he doesn't like Beck and FOX has decided to cancel Beck's show at the end of his current contract, he should be happy that Beck's new website is a subscription-only one. If it fails, it validates his feelings. If it succeeds, it's on it's own merits and it's not doing so using the cable tv system he is so fond of.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    That wasn't really my point. My point is, why should anyone care that there is programming on cable that they don't like? His cable fees are not underwriting the costs of the Glenn Beck show. FOX and the advertisers do that. If he finds the show objectionable, he shouldn't watch it.

Also, since he doesn't like Beck and FOX has decided to cancel Beck's show at the end of his current contract, he should be happy that Beck's new website is a subscription-only one. If it fails, it validates his feelings. If it succeeds, it's on it's own merits and it's not doing so using the cable tv system he is so fond of.
    My point is that there are many, many more raving liberals on TV than Glen Beck. Even when I turn on Fox, their ignorant opinions are being espoused.

toddwv (1000+ posts) Fri Jun-24-11 02:15 AM
    Original message So Glenn Beck is starting a pay website called GBTV.

Is anyone else glad that they no longer have to subsidize that douchebag with their cable money?

And grats to the people who have already freed themselves from commercial television. There was a time in my life when I didn't have cable or satellite. Those were happy times but circumstances beyond my control have relegated me to a fairly sedentary lifestyle... :_(
    Mainlining junk food and then not having the energy to work, work out or otherwise be a productive member of society does not constitute a circumstance beyond one's control.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Mainlining junk food and then not having the energy to work, work out or otherwise be a productive member of society does not constitute a circumstance beyond one's control.
    Yeah, I too took that as a sideways way of saying they're a "grande" to quote that pilot.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.