Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    What a load of crap. How is marriage by two queers going to improve the housing market. Nothing is stopping them from buying a house together and making each-other beneficiary in case of death. You ever heard of the marriage tax. When my ex and I split. I filed single and she filed head of household. We came out thousand of dollars to the good rather than filing married. You do not know what the fuck you are talking about. It is all about social engineering with queers like you.
    Actually read the post you responded to; the answer to your question is in there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Actually read the post you responded to; the answer to your question is in there.
    So let me get this straight. Two queers living together or in separate houses moves southward and buy a house. Um, what happened to the houses they left? Did they magically disappear off the housing market? Your logic is rather screwed up. Plus, you just do not pick up and move to an new area unless you have a job. Also, quite a few of those depressed housing markets may have high crime rates and surely sky high unemployment. You see, there is a reason that those houses are cheap.

I doubt that equal marriage rights will make much of an economic difference in New York. However, I think it would be the smartest thing that Florida could do right now. Having a state in the sunbelt with equal marriage rights would be much more likely to have an economic impact. Sure, Florida already has more than its share of gay people, but it also has a lot of slack in the housing market. The combination of equal marriage rights and inexpensive housing in a good climate could cause a mass exodus from the Gay centers in the North and West.
    But not all of this housing slack are in places people want to live. Some is (like the apartment buildings that sit vacant across from Dadeland mall), but some isn't (Haynes City). . . I don't know if gay people can pull the South Beach treatment on all that empty space in, but the mini gay exodus (har) that you speak of could mean that $7500/month will get you more than a walk in closet with heat in NYC.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Fabulous Poster
    So let me get this straight. Two queers living together or in separate houses moves southward and buy a house. Um, what happened to the houses they left? Did they magically disappear off the housing market?
    I wasn't actually concerned about the houses they left in the states they left. Actually, the "mecca" markets, while down aren't nearly as messed up as Florida. So in my scenario, gay people who want to live in an equal rights state, would choose to live in Florida if indeed it were an equal rights state. Many of these people would be baby boomers on the edge of retirement, with significant equity in their homes or savings. I don't know if you have compared the markets, but what would buy you a two bedroom apartment in SF in an old building that has too many layers of paint and no amentities, would buy a fairly snazzy pool home in many parts of Florida.

So let me get this straight. Two queers living together or in separate houses moves southward and buy a house. Um, what happened to the houses they left? Did they magically disappear off the housing market? Your logic is rather screwed up. Plus, you just do not pick up and move to an new area unless you have a job. Also, quite a few of those depressed housing markets may have high crime rates and surely sky high unemployment. You see, there is a reason that those houses are cheap.
    We actually have a pretty good record of revitalizing neighborhoods and generating a micro-economy. A lot of gay people really will pick up and go, because the general theory is that where there are people, there is money to be made. I moved to California with a one way airline ticket and enough cash to last me a month.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    But not all of this housing slack are in places people want to live. Some is (like the apartment buildings that sit vacant across from Dadeland mall), but some isn't (Haynes City). . . I don't know if gay people can pull the South Beach treatment on all that empty space in, but the mini gay exodus (har) that you speak of could mean that $7500/month will get you more than a walk in closet with heat in NYC.

~QC
    I wasn't actually thinking about Haynes City. Teh Faboo is only so strong. I meant that the exiles could pull the slack out of the coastal markets.

I myself, would consider living inland, if I could sell this GD house. I'd like a farm. I could grow trade.

We actually have a pretty good record of revitalizing neighborhoods and generating a micro-economy. A lot of gay people really will pick up and go, because the general theory is that where there are people, there is money to be made.
    money to be made and STDs to be spreaded
    If you want to see my political views, check out my profile. i have them on my wall because there wasn't enough room in the info section.

I wasn't actually thinking about Haynes City. Teh Faboo is only so strong. I meant that the exiles could pull the slack out of the coastal markets.

I myself, would consider living inland, if I could sell this GD house. I'd like a farm. I could grow trade.
    Stick to the city, farming ain't your cup-o-tea...

You guys romantisize((SP?) not gays, city folk) farming/ranching so much, it's unreal....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post
    I gotta ask, where the FLOCK is Salem.....? I'm outside of Martinsville......
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Florida is for the most part, a parasitic state. With the exception of healthcare industry, the wages are dirt low. People who buy here, mostly baby boomers, or retiree's made their money in another state, then move to Florida for climate and buy a house here and spend their money here. But they did not MAKE their money here.
    Unless this state becomes more competitive in the job market, the low wages will not entice anyone to move here.
    I am in the healthcare industry, so I do fine.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post
    Just wait till Obamacare kicks in. Those lingering in the hospital with expensive Aid treatments will learn first hand what government health care rationing is all about. Here is a pill; now, go home and die.