Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcoastie! View Post
    Ya beat me to it! We're OK, but getting weary of trying to sell our home.

How are you doing? Great to see ya again!
    Great seeing you here!

It took my folks a while to sell their home in the United State of Illinois and that was a few years back. My dad just wanted to fire up the new diesel pusher RV and hit the road. He was finally able to sell the place and travel for five years before his sudden death. He was tired of paying property taxes and he liked the fact all he had to do to get the grass mowed was to move the car!

That damn RV cost more then the house sold for. Then my mom did not like the floor plan so the next one was even more! I don't think I could ever spend a quarter million on something with wheels and a motor. But it sure was fucking nice.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Great seeing you here!

It took my folks a while to sell their home in the United State of Illinois and that was a few years back. My dad just wanted to fire up the new diesel pusher RV and hit the road. He was finally able to sell the place and travel for five years before his sudden death. He was tired of paying property taxes and he liked the fact all he had to do to get the grass mowed was to move the car!

That damn RV cost more then the house sold for. Then my mom did not like the floor plan so the next one was even more! I don't think I could ever spend a quarter million on something with wheels and a motor. But it sure was fucking nice.
    We'd like an RV, but it's not really high on our list. Wheels and an engine, with the creature comforts is what I'd like to get used. Something like a Mini-Winnie or a van camper. It'd be much better than our A-frame camping trailer, although the A-frame can be set up and ready to inhabit within 1 minute. It has A/C, a heater, an AM/FM/CD/DVD radio, and our Honda Ridgeline tows it with no strain or pain. No toilet, though, but it has the optional storage compartment in front.

Ya beat me to it! We're OK, but getting weary of trying to sell our home.

How are you doing? Great to see ya again!
    Have faith. My son in St Louis had been trying to sell his home for about 3 years. It's a beautiful house but has no basement, which is a must have to St louisans. It's contemporary in an area that prizes traditional. The housing market is much stronger there now, with little inventory. He got lucky and got multiple contracts---all from people moving from areas where basements aren't a must have item.

Not sure what part of the country you're in, but hopefully your luck will turn. We're starting to be contacted by realtors wanting us to sell our house as the inventory in Sarasota is low, too. Houses are selling very quickly here.

I guess it's all a matter of geography. Good luck and don't give up yet.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

We'd like an RV, but it's not really high on our list. Wheels and an engine, with the creature comforts is what I'd like to get used. Something like a Mini-Winnie or a van camper. It'd be much better than our A-frame camping trailer, although the A-frame can be set up and ready to inhabit within 1 minute. It has A/C, a heater, an AM/FM/CD/DVD radio, and our Honda Ridgeline tows it with no strain or pain. No toilet, though, but it has the optional storage compartment in front.

Forrest River makes good products. After my mom got rid of the RV she bought a Forrest River trailer that she kept in Illinois for when she would visit in the summer. Then it was her home for a while in Nevada until she was sure what she was going to do.

Amazing that it hasn't sold at that price. It's what they like in St Louis area---all brick, nice big lot, nice windows. The only problem that I can see is that with HGTV, young buyers think that they must have stainless, totally open floor plan, granite counters. Your house looks like it has a good flow and those windows are so nice. The lot is beautiful. I'm used to brick, but they sadly don't use much of it here.

When we sold the house in St Louis area (Ballwin) before moving here, we found a place that sold granite cheap. I had the room repainted in a greyish color and had a blackish grey granite countertop installed (it was about $19 a square foot). I had a mish mash that kids wouldn't have approved---white double built in wall oven (already there when I bought it), white frig which I had bought, black Jen Air stove top (already there), stainless dishwasher. Like you, I had mostly blinds, no curtains. It had tiny bedrooms and a partially finished basement. It was all frame, but I always preferred brick.

So, I had done what I could to appeal to a younger, HGTV loving crowd. So who bought it? An 85 year old couple who had moved to a condo and wanted a yard. Go figure.

You never know.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

GO CARDS

I love that house!!!! Great price!

Sent from my NSA encrypted device using Tapatalk 2

8. #28 HEEELP!!!!!! How do I change the black on black default freaking scheme????? 
    I can'r see a dang thing! I almost stumbled onto the settings but the settings changes didn't take and now I can't find it again (I am, after all, very old)

Quote Originally Posted by freedumb2003 View Post
    I can'r see a dang thing! I almost stumbled onto the settings but the settings changes didn't take and now I can't find it again (I am, after all, very old)
    Scroll to the very bottom left. there is a little box. Hit the down arrow til you find pink fluid. That probably will be the easiest on your eyes.

"

GO CARDS