Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    It's not just that they are clueless, they are lazy, arrogant and indifferent. Can you imagine Hillary Clinton being publicly embarrassed by her staff's shoddy work and not laying into them afterward? How much do you want to bet that the staffer who mistranslated the word "reset" on the button that she gave to the Russians never made that mistake again?

Obama keeps getting into these avoidable gaffes and doesn't seem to care enough to chew out his chief of staff, and if the chief isn't on it, then the staff isn't on it. They know that the media will protect him from their ineptitude (as they protect him from his own), but anyone who is willing to let his boss be embarrassed this way would have been fired long ago in any other administration.
    I really don't think Obama knows how to run a staff, or what to demand of them. He's never been close to the military and those of us who have, know that it is a whole 'nother world.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The real issue is not that Obama is clueless, although he clearly is, it's that his staff, which is supposed to vet his remarks and ensure that he doesn't commit these kinds of gaffes, is clearly asleep. Our CG never gives a briefing until the staff has gone over it with a fine-toothed comb, looking for inaccuracies that require correction, or accurate but unlikely data that requires explanation. The last thing that we want is our boss standing in front of his boss without every fact at his fingertips.
    It's a pattern that's developed since the Clinton administration. Hillary not talking to military people that worked in the WH. Billy Jeff losing the biscuit. Keeping military commanders on hold about a strike on Osama to watch a golf game.

Not sending the right equipment to Somalia. 3 Divisions falling below 70% readiness and getting decertified for deployment.

It got better with W but we're falling back into that pattern again with Obama. 1.6 percent pay raises. Ignoring his generals on troop deployments and strength. Libya..."corpse-man" and now having claimed to have met Jared Monti before he died.

These 60's radicals turned politicians don't give a rats ass for what we do how we do it or what it takes to make what we do work.

If our CG were caught without the right data, my OER would read like Custer's after Little Big Horn, and we all know it.
    Same goes for me. Especially since I'm the last guy the commander sees before he steps in front of the cameras.

That Obama hasn't been firing staffers left and right tells us that he's okay with being a laughingstock.
    The important ones have been quitting on their own...to me that is more telling.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Banned
    In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    It's a pattern that's developed since the Clinton administration. Hillary not talking to military people that worked in the WH.
    When Hildabeast was in the White House she used to use the Marine Corps Sentries as her errand boys. And she also used them as bus boys, fetching whatever she wanted and clearing dishes. She's trailer park trash.