Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    We're too busy with an upcoming deployment to Afghanistan for anybody to weigh in on Libya. My professional opinion is that we are there for emotional (and perhaps Obama personal opinion), and not for national security reasons. The same questions that DIMoRATS use in Republican wars are still unanswered here in this one person war; what are our objectives, what is the exit strategy, etc.
    Agreed. Define the mission and it's objective Barry Soetero.

    p.s.-for those who don't think we have boots on the ground, grow up. We do.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Resident Grandpa marv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    3,022
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonialMarine0431 View Post
    p.s.-for those who don't think we have boots on the ground, grow up. We do.
    Yup. For those who didn't know, we had boots on the ground in Vietnam as soon as the ink was dry on the Korean War armistice. They were called "advisors". I was in Laos in '59.

    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

    THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,648
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonialMarine0431 View Post

    p.s.-for those who don't think we have boots on the ground, grow up. We do.
    Who exactly do you think we have on the ground?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonialMarine0431 View Post
    Agreed. Define the mission and it's objective Barry Soetero.

    p.s.-for those who don't think we have boots on the ground, grow up. We do.


    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Yup. For those who didn't know, we had boots on the ground in Vietnam as soon as the ink was dry on the Korean War armistice. They were called "advisors". I was in Laos in '59.
    +1

    Good institutional analysis Marv. Anyone with any understanding of what we've done in the past knows what is or what is likely going on.

    I can neither confirm or deny that CIA and SAS have been in theatre since around March.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I've been supportive of it, because Qaddafi is the type of person that we do not want in power, and anytime a national leader is turning his weapons on his populace, I'm for bombing the shit out of him. I've also got concerns about the end game, and what may come from it though. Who is going to take power when Qaddafi eventually folds, and what will it mean for us?
    What we should do is quit fighting wars that are costing lives and costing us billions that we do not have. 10 years of war is enough and the majority of voters are tired of it. Bring our soldiers home from these fucked up countries that want us out and do not appreciate what we have done to save their ass. Quaddafi is no threat to us, the oil produced goes to Europe and it is not in our national interest to be there. Let the European hash it out with the sand monkeys.

    As far as not wanting Quaddafi in power, I can name a bunch of commies and dictators that I do not like in power either. Also, we did nothing to help overthrow the Iranian regime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    What we should do is quit fighting wars that are costing lives and costing us billions that we do not have. 10 years of war is enough and the majority of voters are tired of it. Bring our soldiers home from these fucked up countries that want us out and do not appreciate what we have done to save their ass. Quaddafi is no threat to us, the oil produced goes to Europe and it is not in our national interest to be there. Let the European hash it out with the sand monkeys.

    As far as not wanting Quaddafi in power, I can name a bunch of commies and dictators that I do not like in power either. Also, we did nothing to help overthrow the Iranian regime.
    We also did not bomb Sudan and several other nations when they went through the exact type revolutions Libya is having.

    Hmmm wonder why?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    We also did not bomb Sudan and several other nations when they went through the exact type revolutions Libya is having.

    Hmmm wonder why?
    I guess some people have short memories like the slaughter of almost a million people in Rwanda. The UN stood by and did nothing. Clinton put his head in the sand because Jesse and greaseball Al told Clinton to stay out of Africa. Many of these people were not shot; they were butchered with machetes. Qaddafi assault on the rebels pales in comparison to what is happening in Libya.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •