Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Dear Lord Take Me Now - The Hippies Are Dancing For Dollars. 
    As some may know, I live around the corner from a house full of geriatric hippies who periodically throw parties and fundraisers for their favored candidates. These events are among the most wince-worthy functions you will ever see. There's nothing quite as nauseating as seeing 5 or 6 muu-muu clad middle-aged women getting their groove on to "Smoke on the Water" while balding, pony-tailed men with beer guts watch rapturously.

Tonight they are raising money for the Dem convention and they have some kind of theme party. Sadly, it involves a "professional" DJ who is attempting to get them to actually dance. I mean with known steps, rhythm, and while touching each other.

Jesus wept.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    As some may know, I live around the corner from a house full of geriatric hippies who periodically throw parties and fundraisers for their favored candidates. These events are among the most wince-worthy functions you will ever see. There's nothing quite as nauseating as seeing 5 or 6 muu-muu clad middle-aged women getting their groove on to "Smoke on the Water" while balding, pony-tailed men with beer guts watch rapturously.

Tonight they are raising money for the Dem convention and they have some kind of theme party. Sadly, it involves a "professional" DJ who is attempting to get them to actually dance. I mean with known steps, rhythm, and while touching each other.

Jesus wept.
    I was at a party tonight. 'Smoke on the Water' was played. What color were the muu-muu's?

Where am I?
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

An Adversary of Linda #'s

Jesus wept.
    You have a gift for painting an absolutely frightening picture of aged hippies dancing that conjures up a painting of a vision of hades from the old master Hieronymus Bosch:Triptych,
    "The Garden of Earthly Delight " showing the damned dancing in hell enjoying the wages of sin .

Just how far away are they ,could you perhaps take a few pictures just to enable us to gauge
    the size of these Muu Muu dancers.As the flower children of the sixties fade into the dainty dancing wilderbeast of this age and their drug addled cohorts grow gray and smelly .

They never grew up, even after all of this time they have passed through life with the same untrusting mindset ,they against the system, even while they live and work at the periphery .
    Last edited by megimoo; 06-08-2008 at 08:26 PM.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Can't you just shoot them?
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Old Hippies are a protected species in Colorado !

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I wasn't able to get a hippie tag this season. It's a lottery.

I wasn't able to get a hippie tag this season. It's a lottery.
    Pictures, please. It should be very interesting.

Jesus wept.
    You should've snuck in close and fired off a few warning shots over their heads just to put 'em in their place...maybe tossed a few flash-bangs or smoke grenades to "shake things up."
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    You should've snuck in close and fired off a few warning shots over their heads just to put 'em in their place...maybe tossed a few flash-bangs or smoke grenades to "shake things up."
    If those MUU MUU dancers were ever to stampede into a thundering herd the danger to life and limb would too great !

gator
    Where is Cartman when you need him?

"Die Hippy Die"

Plot summary
    Cartman runs a 'pest control' service to try and rid the town of hippies, people he feared and hated for most of the series, mainly because "they smoke pot, wear crap and smell bad." Having studied hippies in his quest to eradicate them, Cartman deduces that the hippies are about to start a music festival in South Park. His attempts to warn the town council are futile, and he is arrested soon afterwards for imprisoning 63 captured hippies in his basement.

The town of South Park is soon invaded by the largest population of hippies in the history of man, and the music festival threatens to destroy the town. They manage to convert Stan, Kyle and Kenny to their cause with talks of corporate evils, and the trio get caught up in the massive hippie crowd where they all listen to jam band music.

Cartman pleads with the mayor to stop the festival, but it turns out that the mayor was the one who permitted the music festival in the first place. But after seeing the chaos that the eccentric hippies are creating, the mayor is ridden with guilt and shoots herself in the head (she survives and appears later in the strategy room when Cartman is enacting his plan). The rest of the town then pleads with Cartman to rid the town of the hippies. Cartman eventually agrees to help, but only after Randy promises to offer a Tonka radio controlled bulldozer, as well as Kyle's mother assuring that Kyle would never have one, and instead have to watch Cartman having fun with the bulldozer.

Meanwhile, Stan, Kyle and Kenny realize that the hippies are doing nothing to oppose the corporations that they have demonized and that their idea of a perfect society is the same as the currently existing one. They try to leave but the crowd is 7 miles in radius and Stan's efforts to talk sense into the hippies only make matters worse. Cartman, with the help of a scientist, an engineer and a "black man to sacrifice himself in case anything goes wrong", builds a giant drill ("Hippie Digger") to bore through the hippie crowd, killing them all. Cartman then uploads a Slayer CD (hippies apparantly hate death metal.) The plan works and the hippies disperse, saving South Park. Stan sees Randy and they end up hugging each other, knowing that they're safe. Cartman then pulls out a knife and tells Kyle that he will never be a hippie again and that he has plans for him. Kyle is then forced to watch Cartman having fun with his Tonka bulldozer in the school parking lot.