Hybrid View

1. #1 TSA Defends Making 95-year-Old Cancer Patient Remove Adult Diaper for Security Screen 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    The Transportation Security Administration doesn't think its agents did anything wrong in asking an elderly woman with cancer to remove her adult diaper during an aiport security screening. The agency came under fire after Florida woman Jean Weber claimed her 95-year-old mother was forced to take off her diaper for a pat down at the Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport last weekend.

"It's something I couldn't imagine happening on American soi
    l," Weber told the Northwest Florida Daily News. "While every person and item must be screened before entering the secure boarding area,

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1QTS31JSV

Power CUer
    There's a thread on DU that's as much against this as you are - as we all are.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=1367103
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Fabulous Poster
    I stopped going to rock concerts when they started searching people at the door. Haven't been to one since. I realize that everyone doesn't have the luxury or possibility of choosing to drive. I do.

TSA's stated position on such complaints in the past has been that if they don't search cops, nuns, children, and old ladies in wheelchairs then terrorist groups will use such people for vehicles in the future. There is some logic to that.

She should have filled the diaper first, to make the experience as pleasurable for the TSA as it was for her.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    She should have filled the diaper first, to make the experience as pleasurable for the TSA as it was for her.
    Taking Depends Diapers from an Incontinence old woman is never pleasant for her or anyone else !

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    According to the article, she did. That's the whole reason they made her daughter change her in the first place.

During the private patdown, Weber says, the agent came out of the room to tell Weber that her mother's adult diaper had been soiled and couldn't be checked properly, and they needed her to change it to finish the search.
    Do they require all babies to go through the checkpoints with clean diapers?

Reason #13,986 why I if don't absolutely have to fly, I ain't gonna.

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    According to the article, she did. That's the whole reason they made her daughter change her in the first place.

Can't wait for SR to get the OK to drive again. Our last trip to St Louis wasn't pleasant on the small local carrier we used. Besides being almost 3 hours late going there, they were over an hour late arriving. It wasn't a pleasant trip. That reminds me, I need to try again to get through to them. My email to their "customer service" desk never got there. They probably gave me a nonexistent email address. :mad:

I can't even imagine how horrible it will be when the TSA folks are unionized.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Power CUer
    I don't unless I have to. I can't get a bus to and from Italy in September, though. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I figure that's reason #13,987 not to have kids.