Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I wasn't aware that our complaint was with the job security or working conditions of the front line employees; I thought it was with the policies of the TSA.
    Our complaint indeed is with their policies. Some of the employees are almost apologetic when they do the pat downs. Others are obnoxious and aggressive. I always get the old patdown because I had a knee replacement over 10 years ago because of an auto accident. I have put up with this for many years and still have to try to keep myself under control.

On my last trip, the woman in the small airport in Ft Myers must have been on a power trip. She was totally obnoxious and made me wait even longer after she "tested the gloves" with some sort of powder. She was very invasive in her search, went way beyond what was necessary.

The woman in St Louis airport was apologetic and didn't put me through the same ordeal.

I don't want them to have that union backing. They'll really be obnoxious as they'll know that they have that old job security and do about anything they want.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post

I don't want them to have that union backing. They'll really be obnoxious as they'll know that they have that old job security and do about anything they want.
    Not to mention the threat of them striking and shutting down travel during the holidays every time they want more coffee breaks in their 8 hours shifts.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    According to the article, she did. That's the whole reason they made her daughter change her in the first place.

Do they require all babies to go through the checkpoints with clean diapers?

Reason #13,986 why I if don't absolutely have to fly, I ain't gonna.
    I figure that's reason #13,987 not to have kids.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    There are excellent liner services from NYC to Southampton that you could consider, or if you don't mind slumming it, there are many container ships that provide decent berths. Ir only adds seven days onto the whole trip-time, and you can rent some very nice vehicles in the UK once you're here, we're not that primitive.
    The amount of time we have for vacation makes that impracticable; after we retire we are only doing transatlantic or transpacific by ship. I won't see Asia at all until after retirement, because I just can't do 14-20 hour flights.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken