Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    It can be worse than FL for a short time. It has been hotter up in St. Louis than Sarasota.
    I get a kick out of that. People in DC told me , "You're going to hate Florida." due to the heat and humidity. Of course most of them didn't know that I spent some summers right here as a child and loved it. It's often hotter, much hotter, in DC than it ever gets in St Pete. The humidity in DC can be unbearable, and they don't get the afternoon seabreeze. Yes, the sun goes down a little earlier there, and you get night time cooling for some of the summer... but my memories are of extremes. Either it was cold in June or dreadful in August. Now in fairness there is some nice beach weather in September when the water is still "warm (not by our standards)" and things cool off.

You know, a surprising number of people don't live their lives by whether it's good beach weather? I don't get it.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I get a kick out of that. People in DC told me , "You're going to hate Florida." due to the heat and humidity. Of course most of them didn't know that I spent some summers right here as a child and loved it. It's often hotter, much hotter, in DC than it ever gets in St Pete. The humidity in DC can be unbearable, and they don't get the afternoon seabreeze. Yes, the sun goes down a little earlier there, and you get night time cooling for some of the summer... but my memories are of extremes. Either it was cold in June or dreadful in August. Now in fairness there is some nice beach weather in September when the water is still "warm (not by our standards)" and things cool off.

You know, a surprising number of people don't live their lives by whether it's good beach weather? I don't get it.

Ha! Well we finally got some rain here tonight. It's been pouring all over the Tampa/St.Pete/Sarasota area for over 3 days but tonight is the 1st rain we got.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    It was 100 degrees at 9:30 this morning. That's just cruel.
    OMFG....I just moved in this chit. This past couple of weeks has been horrid.
    At midnight the other night, I checked and it was still 95. Just north of
    me yesterday it was 118. When I got in my car yesterday, the temp reading
    was 120. After I drove a bit it finally settled down at 114. Still have fires
    popping up all around. I feel I am being baked in an oven.