Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Don't Look If You Have a weak Stomach : New York City’s Gay Pride 2011 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Traditionally, the last Sunday in June is reserved for Gay Pride in New York City. This year, there was a major reason to celebrate. On Friday night, New York State legislators voted to legalize same-sex marriage, allowing New York to become the sixth and largest state to pass such legislation. The news sent thousands of happy revelers into the streets throughout the weekend.

On Sunday, crowds once again returned to the streets of New York City for the 2011 Gay Pride Parade. With the marriage vote to celebrate, an aura of renewed vigor led the day’s festivities.

New York City based photographer Edward Keating photographed the weekend events for TIME. Documenting both the colorful (and flamboyant) parade and the partying afterward, Keating spent hours in the excited crowds and in packed bars and restaurants in the West Village.

Why Gay Marriage Still Isn’t Marriage.

http://lightbox.time.com/2011/06/27/...-pride-2011/#1

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    I think I should plan a heterosexual parade in Las Vegas next year. After all doesn't the world have just as much a right to know MY sexual preferences??
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Power CUer
    If the theme is "gay" and there are pictures, you know Megi will be all over it. ;)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

The big Cheese
    Will they still hold these parades when they get everything they want?
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    If the theme is "gay" and there are pictures, you know Megi will be all over it. ;)
    Just Looking For A Shot of You In Your 'High Goth Tiger Drag' Getup,...Sweetie...

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    The Irish still march on St. Patrick's Day, don't they?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    They will never get everything that they want, because they will never be satisfied with a lifestyle that glorifies the transient and disdains the permanent, and demands that we accept and glorify the cravings of a marginal group.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I think we should just have a stereotypes parade in general. We could just combine the queers with these guys and knock 'em all out at once.

I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Don't Look If You Have a weak Stomach
    Oh, mah Gawd! People having a good time! It's disgraceful.

I live at the beach, and guess what? Most of the people going shirtless and wearing speedos/bikinis are not magazine quality.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    I think I should plan a heterosexual parade in Las Vegas next year. After all doesn't the world have just as much a right to know MY sexual preferences??
    Go for it. Or better yet, go to Mardi Gras and earn your beads.