Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    How do you Deal with the HIV positive inmates ? Are they isolated from general population and Do you wear padding and face shields to prevent bites and fluids being thrown in your faces .
    My dad worked in the medical field and during the '80s AIDs positive guys--like ones nearing the end, with the AIDs induced dementia-- would come into the hospital and try and spit on the nurses and doctors. They simply restrained them, wore gloves and placed them in the Psych unit.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    My dad worked in the medical field and during the '80s AIDs positive guys--like ones nearing the end, with the AIDs induced dementia-- would come into the hospital and try and spit on the nurses and doctors. They simply restrained them, wore gloves and placed them in the Psych unit.
    You can't get HIV through spit. However, Hep-C you can I believe.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I work with several people who are gay. One is in uniform. He makes gay jokes with the best of them. He can't stand flamers. As far as inmates go, the flamers are the most annoying inmates to have on your tier. I had one in the special needs unit(as well as on a regular house when I had one) who was the most annoying human being I ever saw. Thankfully his cellmate took matters into his own hand and cold cocked him.
    Dude,you work in Corrections?

I use to work in the Healthcare office at a deskjob,as a volunteer who was hired by Goodwill helping me.

Of course since the economy fell,i got downsized from my job.
    Last edited by hai; 06-29-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    Dude,you work in Corrections?

I use to work in the Healthcare office at a deskjob,as a volunteer who was hired by Goodwill helping me.

Of course since the economy fell,i got downsized from my job.

You know of a good way to record a guitar and make it into mp3?

Because i know i can put songs on Soundcloud.
    Um, huh?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Um, huh?
    Like dude,i used to work in Corrections in the health office with a bunch of nurses at a desk job.

I pity the poor people who have to clean up after that affront to nature.

rm -rf obama*

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I think all personal service type industries should be exempt from such anti-discrimination laws. If I'm a photographer and I don't feel comfortable around black people, gay people, wiccans, bikers, Irish Travelers, or obese people, I shouldn't have to perform my personal service for them.

Same goes for me as an attorney. Everyone has a right to an attorney. They don't have the right to me as an attorney.
    I'm inclined to agree with you. I don't see why there is an exception the the Fair Housing laws for small property owners and the "intimacy" of owner occupied small buildings, an exception to the EEO laws for small businesses with fewer than X employees, and yet no exemption in most places for one client at a time type businesses. I'm not sure how you would distinguish a photographer from an owner operated dress shop, and I'm not sure the exemption should extend to a business done in a fixed premises.

Do we really think that a corner store should be able to refuse entry to people on arbitrary preferences or prejudices?

Fabulous Poster
    My contention with the photographer incident is that those lesbians purposely chose that photographer just to get a rise out of them.....

Most discrimination stings of all kinds are conducted against persons about whom a complaint has been made. Fair Housing does do some experiments on random targets, but most of the time they know that a place is discriminating before they send the tester in.

Fabulous Poster
    IMO Nova is to gays and their causes the same way Al Sharpton is to blacks and black causes. Complete tunnel vision.
    Actually your complaint about me is that I make a conscious effort to be objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with you. I don't see why there is an exception the the Fair Housing laws for small property owners and the "intimacy" of owner occupied small buildings, an exception to the EEO laws for small businesses with fewer than X employees, and yet no exemption in most places for one client at a time type businesses. I'm not sure how you would distinguish a photographer from an owner operated dress shop, and I'm not sure the exemption should extend to a business done in a fixed premises.

Do we really think that a corner store should be able to refuse entry to people on arbitrary preferences or prejudices?
    I see a difference between selling widgets and selling your personal time and services. If someone has to spend 5 hours at an event that they find morally repugnant, simply because they choose to sell their services for other events doesn't mean that they have to sell them for yours.