1. #1 Former first-round pick back in baseball after hitting rock bottom 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    When Sean Burroughs was 12 years old, he not only threw two no-hitters while leading his Long Beach (Calif.) team to the Little League World Series championship, he also appeared on the David Letterman Show and had the wit to tell Dave and several million viewers that when he grew up, he wanted to be a gynecologist.

When Burroughs was 17, he was a first-round draft pick. When he was 20, he represented his country at the Olympics and wore a gold medal around his neck.

When Burroughs was 21, he was in the major leagues with Sports Illustrated touting him as the year's "can't miss'' prospect. "Life is about experiencing everything you can,'' he told the magazine. "I don't know how my baseball career will go, but I know I want my life to be an adventure.''

And by the time Burroughs was 29, he was out of baseball, checking in and out of the cheapest motels he could find, wandering the streets of Las Vegas at all hours and abusing every substance he could ingest. He says he was living a "Leaving Las Vegas'' existence, a reference to the Oscar-winning and thoroughly depressing Nicolas Cage movie about a man who commits lengthy suicide via alcohol abuse. There was no Academy Award for this lifestyle, though. Burroughs says he was so desperate and paranoid that if you picked a couple particularly bad days in 2010, you could find this Little League hero, this Olympic gold medalist, this former big leaguer … eating cheeseburgers out of garbage cans. Yes, garbage cans.

Life certainly had been an experience.

Much more at LINK
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

So basically we have Josh Hamilton part 2. I hope he makes it as well as Josh has. Hamilton might want to take this kid under his wing.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I doubt he makes it back. He's still a third baseman that can't hit for power. Only now he's 30 and trying to break back in. Good luck dude.

Maybe the Braves can pick him up and play him at 2nd. He can't hit worse than Uggla.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

It's a common problem with a lot of the players. The kids coming out of California, especially, have a tough time understanding that marijuana is one of the banned substances.

Interesting story.

My bet is that his lack of power will prevent him from becoming a super star player, but his natural ability to teach - and learn - will provide impetus toward becoming a great coach. Maybe that's been the problem; he's been playing while he should be coaching.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I doubt he makes it back. He's still a third baseman that can't hit for power. Only now he's 30 and trying to break back in. Good luck dude.
    Yeah, he never developed the power that was expected. So I don't expect his comeback to be anywhere near Josh Hamilton's. Burroughs' skill set was never as impressive as Josh's.

But I wish him the best of luck. I thought this was a neat story.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    But I wish him the best of luck. I thought this was a neat story.
    Sure, everyone roots for the Comeback Kid.

I just don't think this guy has enough.