Thread: Undercover Video Gives the Dirt on Pigs in Factory Farms

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Ah, but not accurate for me. As I said. I am a Meat Cutter, Not a Butcher. I don't kill them, gut them, or skin them. I only cut them up after some one else does that job.
    I know meat cutter, good profession. I do all of the above when I have time but often I just take them to the custom processing plant, I also have the added advantage of vacuum packing then.
    I do process all my deer myself in late fall.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    So the over-all health of your meal means nothing .... no pain. right?
    I don't understand that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Philly, you have to kill animals to have meat. Farmers cut the heads off of poultry, shoot, shock, pith, or cut the throat of other livestock. They are not given anesthesia, let alone counselling before being castrated, branded, or, if female, forced into being raped by a male that will be a meal one day.

Do you eat eggs or yogurt or cheese? Drink milk? Use leather?

Please.
    I eat all kinds of animal and animal by products. I use leather and have a fur coat. I'm not opposed to killing animals for human consumption in many ways. That doesn't change the fact that watching someone slam a baby pig into the floor sickened me. Watching them cut their tails off while they were still alive and then dropping them into a bin full of other living screaming pigs sickened me as well.

I'm sure there are some people that find pleasure in grabbing the piglets by their hind quarters and hearing the cracking of their skull as they end their lives. I'm simply not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I am a full time meat cutter. I have been doing it now for almost 20 years. So let me explain a few things.

No processing plant does that.

It wasn't edited, it was stagged.

This was a tactic PETA used before. They did it to a lab, when they poised as janitors, then when the lab crew left, they trashed the lab, and made it look like the animals there were being horridly treated.

They pulled the same tactic at a chicken processing plant. Where they had sent in moles to take chickens, and video them stomping on their heads and smashing them into the wall. Then claim it was "Standard Practice" at these plants.

In '08 Land O'Lakes was targeted by PETA for buying milk from what appeared to be a filthy dairy farm in Pennsylvania, with numerous cows that looked to be in terrible shape, the Arden Hills-based dairy cooperative.

Here is some thing to think about.

If you smash a young pig on the floor, you are damaging the meat, and making it unusable. You are costing the processor money.

Same with the chickens. No customers will buy a mangled bruised and bloody chicken. Nor want to eat one.

And with the video at the Arden Hills dairy cooperative, for any one who is a farmer will know what I say.

A starved dieing cow, will produce absolutely no milk. They will just lay there dieing. So it is impossible for a dieing cow to produce milk for Land of Lakes to buy for their dairy processing.

These videos are staged, highly edited. Grainy and usually out of focus or shaky. They are meant to rip the heart strings to further their goal of a full veg diet on others. With no truth to them

Had there been truth to them, then these videos would have gone directly to local inspectors, law enforcement and state officials first. Not leaked on some animal rights group web site instead. For the proper method would have resulted in the offending plant being shut down and owners arrested.
    Glad to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Glad to hear that.
    When I was still in St Louis, PETA was a PITA for the Zoo. They and other groups were constantly causing trouble. When I was in the elephant area, had to take my cell phone to call security if they got out of hand. You could tell who they were, always asking leading questions to catch a volunteer saying something that could be construed against them.

I knew for a fact how well the elephants were treated, probably better than most people's kids. The keepers absolutely doted on them and constantly devised ways to make their lives better. I was there at all hours of the night and day (was there around midnight many nights before the baby elies were born).

I got sick of the unrealistic and unfounded rants of those people. I would put nothing past them.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"