Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I think the worst movies are the ones which have a lot of potential which ends up getting squandered. For that reason, I nominate Children of Men. What the fuck were they thinking?

As for the just plain bad movies... I don't know. I guess I don't like a lot of the horror movies with gratuitous violence and cruelty. I just don't understand why people want to see that stuff.
    Last edited by The Night Owl; 09-06-2008 at 12:25 AM.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Let's see, in no order:
    1. 'V for Vendetta.' Man, did that movie suck. They completely perverted Alan Moore's comic book to turn it into a pretentious, hate- mongering, and flat- out boring liberal propaganda film. Moore himself wanted nothing to do with the film because he discovered how badly they were going to butcher his work to suit their agendas. It also earns extra bad points because it has been used as a rallying point for liberal college students to stage even more obnoxious protests usually while wearing the same Guy Fawkes outfit seen in the film (Though this can be a source of unintentional hilarity, as they try to protest against capitalism while wearing made- in- China mass- produced masks which were used as merchandise for a big- budget Hollywood movie).
    2. 'The Legend of Zorro.' The film it follows, 'The Mask of Zorro,' remains one of my all- time favorite movies, but this sequel is simply abysmal. The action was toned down to a PG level to make it more family friendly I guess (Always a bad sign for action movie sequels, see 'Batman Forever' and especially 'Batman & Robin'), Zorro and Elena's son Joaquin in it was a very bad role model for kids watching the movie (On several occasions, he was very rude and disrespectful to both his teacher and his father and always got away with it), and the villains were absurd. Rather than the cool, menacing villains Don Montero and Captain Love in the first one (The latter remains one of my favorite movie villlains of all time), we have 1) the stereotypical snooty French nobleman, and 2) the even more stereotypical psycho Christian redneck who spouts Bible verses while shooting people. I really wish I hadn't wasted my time on that one.
    3. 'Manos: The Hands of Fate.' This is a classic bad movie, considered the worst movie of all time by many people. In fact, its director was just a fertilizer salesman who made it to settle a bet with some other guy who had dared/ bet him that he couldn't make a movie. It was so bad, even watching the MST3K version all the way through without abandoning it was a challenge.

Battlefield Earth with John Travolta. This has got to be the worse picture ever made bar none. In a distant second place is Hudson Hawk.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Santa Claus. A Mexican film from 1959. Hands down the worst movie ever...

Horrible, horrible film that brings in the devil as Santa's foil.
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

Space Truckers was bad.

Their was also a Sylvester Stallone arm wrestling movie whose name escapes (Over theTop?) that was just brutal.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Battlefield Earth with John Travolta. This has got to be the worse picture ever made bar none. In a distant second place is Hudson Hawk.
    Hudson Hawk is a good bad movie. It is campy in the extreme, and never tries to portray itself as anything else.

Battlefield Earth, on the other hand, is one of a few really bad movies. There is nothing to redeem it.

I am a fan of bad movies (I love the sci-fi originals), and Battlefield Earth was like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Hudson Hawk is a good bad movie. It is campy in the extreme, and never tries to portray itself as anything else.

Battlefield Earth, on the other hand, is one of a few really bad movies. There is nothing to redeem it.

I am a fan of bad movies (I love the sci-fi originals), and Battlefield Earth was like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
    I read the book years ago and liked it despite the fact that L. Ron Hubbard wrote it. I really had high hopes for it when it came out. Luckly a friend of mine who also liked the book saw it an steered me away. I caught it on HBO a few months later and was so happy I didn't waste the money to see it on the big screen.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    Santa Claus. A Mexican film from 1959. Hands down the worst movie ever...

Horrible, horrible film that brings in the devil as Santa's foil.

That reminds me of another film I saw a couple of years ago called "Santa's Slay" . It had the wrestler Bill Goldberg portraying Santa

Plot Synopsis by Jason Buchanan
    Jolly old Saint Nick goes from the nice list to the naughty list when an old wager runs up and his promise to be nice takes a backseat to his murderous impulses in this comic tale of terror from first-time director David Steiman. It turns out that the story of Santa Claus as we know it isn't quite the whole story, and instead of being a kind hearted gift-giver, Santa is actually a devilish life-taker. It was 1000 years ago that the cherubic devil lost a bet with an angel that forced him to play nice for an entire millennium. Though he remained true to his word and spread Christmas cheer for what secretly seemed like an eternity, Santa's patience has run dry with the expiration of the wager, and when this bet runs up the legend of kindly old Kriss Kringle will never be quite the same.
    There were some funny scenes in it but for the most part it was hard to watch Santa going around beating people up and killing them.

C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    Titanic is awesome. Your hubby is crazy. :p

Let's see....worst movies...

I just watched one called Definitely, Maybe which was a load of crap. I couldn't even finish it. I was that bored.
    I am not. I just think that watching it EVERY time it is on is a bit pathetic. Of course, I watch The Godfather whenever it is on, so, yeah, I'll shut up now.

For the record, I actually like the movie.

My worst movie pick would probably be Steel Magnolias...or Beaches. <and runs like hell>:eek:
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    My worst movie pick would probably be Steel Magnolias...or Beaches. <and runs like hell>:eek:
    Run Dark Scribe!!! Run!!!!:D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!