1. #1 The America we knew is gone 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

Some actually disagree but the majority...

Cyrano (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-29-11 12:49 PM
    Original message The America we knew is gone

The Patriot Act took away more of our basic rights than the Constitution granted us.

I never needed to show a picture ID when voting. Until now.

I’m on the no fly list. But I wasn’t told why and I wasn’t allowed on the plane.

Any president can start any war just because. And screw congressional approval.

A totally insane, bugshit crazy, lunatic right-wing fringe is being taken seriously.

Our government is no longer answerable to us.

Can’t afford gas, food, and the basic necessities of life? Tough shit.

Education? School the little brats at home and quit whining.

Jobs? Hey, that’s not the government’s problem. Start a small business or starve.

Sympathy or empathy from the powers that be? You must be kidding.

This is not the America I grew up in. It has become a really hideous, ugly country and there’s virtually nothing we can do about it. No, we’re not “NUMBER ONE.” And shouting “USA,” “USA,” is an exercise in utter stupidity.

But all of this is just my opinion. What’s yours?

I almost feel sorry for this moron. Almost. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Okay Cyrano, lets take theses points one by one.

... Which rights are you missing? My guess is ones crafted in your own imagination.

... ID for voting; remember when you screamed voter fraud in 2000 and 2004, stupid? Or are you just
    mad because you can't stuff the ballot box with votes from dead people.

... Not allowed to fly? Maybe the airlines just think you're an asshole and they don't want you on their planes.

... Kinda of forgot about terrorists slaming planes into buildings, didn't ya.

... AKA The Tea Party, you know the people you kept saying couldn't get anyone elected, but did :D
    Or is it you just think free speech is only for Moonbats?

... You mean doing very thing you want, no matter how crazy/ stupid it is.

... Maybe its because people like you want to keep taxing the living sh*t out of everything.

... Home schooling ; Maybe people just want to get away the crazy PC bullsh*t brainwashing you push on
    their kids ( God forbide if people learn to think for themselves).

... It isn't the governments job, so stop f*cking with the free market and maybe something good will
    happen for a change.

... Listen, maybe Mommy and Daddy told you were special, but the rest of the world don't see it that way.
    besides, I don't even want the " Powers " to know, I, exist ( at least that way they can't f*ck with you).

... Of course this isn't the America you grew up in, thinks change, ya moron. You're just pissed because there isn't
    any one to fawn all over you and kiss your ass 24/7. like you thought.

Well Saraota, I don't feel sorry for Cyrano; most of the misery in his life, he created on his own.
    Last edited by Dan D. Doty; 06-30-2011 at 02:33 AM.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

hate to tell the DUmmies but the America they knew only existed in their drug addled brains and not in reality.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Okay Cyrano, lets take theses points one by one.

... Which rights are you missing? My guess is ones crafted in your own imagination.

... ID for voting; remember when you screamed voter fraud in 2000 and 2004, stupid? Or are you just
    mad because you can't stuff the ballot box with votes from dead people.

... Not allowed to fly? Maybe the airlines just think you're an asshole and they don't want you on their planes.

... Kinda of forgot about terrorists slaming planes into buildings, didn't ya.

... AKA The Tea Party, you know the people you kept saying couldn't get anyone elected, but did :D
    Or is it you just think free speech is only for Moonbats?

... You mean doing very thing you want, no matter how crazy/ stupid it is.

... Maybe its because people like you want to keep taxing the living sh*t out of everything.

... Home schooling ; Maybe people just want to get away the crazy PC bullsh*t brainwashing you push on
    their kids ( God forbide if people learn to think for themselves).

... It isn't the governments job, so stop f*cking with the free market and maybe something good will
    happen for a change.

... Listen, maybe Mommy and Daddy told you were special, but the rest of the world don't see it that way.
    besides, I don't even want the " Powers " to know, I, exist ( at least that way they can't f*ck with you).

... Of course this isn't the America you grew up in, thinks change, ya moron. You're just pissed because there isn't
    any one to fawn all over you and kiss your ass 24/7. like you thought.

Well Saraota, I don't feel sorry for Cyrano; most of the misery in his life, he created on his own.

I said "almost" Dan. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    hate to tell the DUmmies but the America they knew only existed in their drug addled brains and not in reality.
    I've noticed that a lot of the older Moombats ( Baby Boomers) are starting to get all weirded out as of late; they want to drag America back into the 60's, their golden days.

So I hate to tell them, but there only direction to move, forward.

Societies that try to live in the past only destroy themselves in the end.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    I've noticed that a lot of the older Moombats ( Baby Boomers) are starting to get all weirded out as of late; they want to drag America back into the 60's, their golden days.

So I hate to tell them, but there only direction to move, forward.

Societies that try to live in the past only destroy themselves in the end.
    You're absolutely right, and that also applies to social conservatives who want to drag us back to the 1950s. It doesn't work for anyone.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    You're absolutely right, and that also applies to social conservatives who want to drag us back to the 1950s. It doesn't work for anyone.
    The past is to be remembered and learned from; only fools want to live there.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.