1. #1 Harvard: July 4th Parades Are Right-Wing 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    The Harvard Colors are Crimson for a good reason .Most Republicians are patriotic Americans Harvard Discovers !

Democratic political candidates can skip this weekend's July 4th parades. A new Harvard University study finds that July 4th parades energize only Republicans, turn kids into Republicans, and help to boost the GOP turnout of adults on Election Day.

"Fourth of July celebrations in the United States shape the nation's political landscape by forming beliefs and increasing participation, primarily in favor of the Republican Party," said the report from Harvard. [See political cartoons about the 2012 GOP field.]

"The political right has been more successful in appropriating American patriotism and its symbols during the 20th century. Survey evidence also confirms that Republicans consider themselves more patriotic than Democrats. According to this interpretation, there is a political congruence between the patriotism promoted on Fourth of July and the values associated with the Republican party. Fourth of July celebrations in Republican dominated counties may thus be more politically biased events that socialize children into Republicans," write Harvard Kennedy School Assistant Professor David Yanagizawa-Drott and Bocconi University Assistant Professor Andreas Madestam. [Enjoy political cartoons about President Obama.]

Their findings also suggest that Democrats gain nothing from July 4th parades, likely a shocking result for all the Democratic politicians who march in them. [Check out editorial cartoons about the Democrats.]

"There is no evidence of an increased likelihood of identifying as a Democrat, indicating that Fourth of July shifts preferences to the right rather than increasing political polarization," the two wrote.

The three key findings of those attending July 4th celebrations:

When done before the age of 18, it increases the likelihood of a youth identifying as a Republican by at least 2 percent.

It raises the likelihood that parade watchers will vote for a Republican candidate by 4 percent.

It boosts the likelihood a reveler will vote by about 1 percent and increases the chances they'll make a political contribution by 3 percent.

What's more, the impact isn't fleeting. "Surprisingly, the estimates show that the impact on political preferences is permanent, with no evidence of the effects depreciating as individuals become older,"said the Harvard report.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/was...are-right-wing

Banned
    Not surprising. Democraps and RINO's are more comfortable celebrating Gay Parades. :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Not surprising. Democraps and RINO's are more comfortable celebrating Gay Parades. :eek:
    And Mayday parades, antiwar rallies and candlelight vigils for mass-murderers.

Years ago, shortly after I registered as a Republican, my dad asked me to pick up a flag at the PX for the Democratic Party club that he worked with. At the time, the flag-burning amendment was in the news, and the club had come out against it (except for my parents, but it was still irritating to me). When I brought them the flag, I also gave them a can of lighter fluid and a box of kitchen matches. When my dad asked me what those were for, I told him that I was just anticipating his club's use of the flag. I was not welcome at club meetings after that. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    And Mayday parades, antiwar rallies and candlelight vigils for mass-murderers.

Years ago, shortly after I registered as a Republican, my dad asked me to pick up a flag at the PX for the Democratic Party club that he worked with. At the time, the flag-burning amendment was in the news, and the club had come out against it (except for my parents, but it was still irritating to me). When I brought them the flag, I also gave them a can of lighter fluid and a box of kitchen matches. When my dad asked me what those were for, I told him that I was just anticipating his club's use of the flag. I was not welcome at club meetings after that. :D
    Probably just as well, The Club must be a wall to wall PC Obama Gay Hangout with an old Dyke as president and a staff of Homosexual Party Followers.You wouldn't fit in .

This is the kind of stuff that makes people dislike higher education.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Banned
    In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
    It's not rocket science. Conservatives are patritoic. Liberals aren't.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    A new Harvard University study finds that July 4th parades energize only Republicans, turn kids into Republicans, and help to boost the GOP turnout of adults on Election Day.
    SPOC, Harvard. I've spent just about every Independence Day of my life at some parade or celebration. In Ocean City, in Washington DC, in San Francisco (in the fog no less).

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonialMarine0431 View Post
    It's not rocket science. Conservatives are patritoic. Liberals aren't.
    Seems to me that the extreme right and extreme left are both Hellbent on destroying the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Seems to me that the extreme right and extreme left are both Hellbent on destroying the country.
    Give me evidence where the far right have done things detrimental to the country. Unfortunately I don't have enough time to list those of the far left however I can point to the last 2 1/2 years of an Obama presidency.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.