1. #1 Stop greyhound racing 
    I'm usually skeptical about these petitions, but I've seen them stop the extreme cruelty to greyhounds in Spain, where the dogs were strung up over a well, where their feet obviously couldn't touch bottom. I'll never understand how anyone could be cruel to an animal, particularly to such a gentle creature. Here's hoping that sigs help.
    SLW

Posted by: "ngapdirector" ngap@ix.netcom.com ngapdirector
    Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:57 pm (PDT)
    [FONT='Georgia','serif']

Dear Friend,

The peninsula of Macau is home to a single dog track called the Canidrome. At the Canidrome, nearly 400 greyhounds are put to death every year.

According to the Macau Daily Times, dogs race four times a week. If they finish outside the top three in five races in a row, they are destroyed. The head of Macau's animal control department has stated that every greyhound arriving at the track is dead within three years. An average of thirty new dogs arrives each month from Australia.

Please sign our petition to end this cruelty now.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/end-dog-racing-on-macau-nearly-400-dogs-killed-every-year

In 2007, a draft animal cruelty law was presented to the public for comment and consideration, but the Macau legislature never took it up. In fact, there are no laws in place to prevent the wanton killing of these gentle dogs.

As long as greyhound racing continues, greyhounds will suffer. According to information provided by Greytexploitations, Macau's 800 dogs spend most of their brief lives in cages stacked two high, and when they race, they are watched by a "pitifully small crowd …who pay an entrance fee of less than €1" to sit in the stands.

This senseless activity must end. Please join with GREY2K USA and animal protection groups around the world to call for an end to dog racing in Macau.

Sign our petition now and help us send a strong message to Macau's leadership today.[/FONT]
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Here's a new video of greyhound racing in the US. The anti-racing groups have closed down a lot of tracks in Massachusetts, Iowa, Kansas, etc.

I suspect it's a combination of the economy and the ever growing awareness of some of the horrors the dogs endure, but have to admit that I met some very nice greyhound industry folk in Abilene, Kansas. Of course they could have been on their extra good behavior. I'm not that naive.

During Greyhound America in Abilene, home of the Greyhound Hall of Fame and the NGA offices (National Greyhound Assoc---industry folk), I toured several farms. I couldn't believe how a couple of them ever opened their farms (which I thought were disgusting) to people coming from a greyhound as a pet attitude. Some of them were decent and reflected the care they took of their dogs. But I confess to seeing them as loving pets (which they are) and not as livestock to be kept out in the elements. In St Louis I had coats for my dogs. On the Kansas farms they huddle together in doghouses with no insulation, no heat and hardly any protection from the elements.

Here's the video---watch the one dog fall. That's how so many of them break their hocks and are destroyed.

Subject: New Video Calls for the End of Dog Racing

Trouble viewing this email? Click here to view it in your browser.
    Dear Friends,

Our wonderful friends at Deno Seder Productions have created a new video promoting GREY2K USA's campaign to end dog racing. First premiered at the AR 2011 conference in Los Angeles, the video features news stories from around the country about our successful efforts to close down dog tracks.

We would now like to post our video with YouTube's new promotional search ads program. If we are able to raise $5,000 or more, millions of people all across the country will learn about the cruelty of dog racing and the work of GREY2K USA. Won't you please help?

Please check out the video, share it with your friends, and then ChipIn with a donation today. Let's put the greyhounds up in lights!

For the greyhounds,

Christine A. Dorchak, Esq.
    President, GREY2K USA
    Carey M. Theil
    Executive Director, GREY2K USA

Christine at the AR 2011 Conference

Sam Simon of the Simpsons
    with Christine

http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"