1. #1 I Googled Blagojevich Democratic Underground 
    And found very little since his conviction:

Renew Deal (1000+ posts) Mon Jun-27-11 11:51 AM
    Response to Original message
    1. Those 18 charges went to mistrial last time right?

I wonder what they came up with.
    Seventeen charges that stuck. No deadlocked jury this time. The prosecution proved his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. It's his own big mouth and CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR that will land him in jail.

JDPriestly (1000+ posts) Mon Jun-27-11 04:00 PM
    Response to Reply #1
    6. This time the jury was probably screened more carefully by the prosecutors

Edited on Mon Jun-27-11 04:09 PM by JDPriestly
    to insure that Blagojevich serves time. The first try was a failure. Takes these prosecutors twice. I think Blagojevich did very little that was actually illegal. Somebody needs to keep a close eye on Rahm Emmanuel. That is my personal opinion.

Meanwhile, in my opinion, the Daly brothers organized the Chicago parking meter deal which deserves to be investigated.

Two governors jailed for corruption -- Siegelman and Daly. Meanwhile, far more serious corruption that has nearly bankrupted the country continues unpunished.

This was a show trial, and it took them two tries. I wonder who was on that jury.

I don't know Blagojevich, and I suspect I would not like him if I did. But why is he going to jail while Bush and Cheney (who "accidentally?" shot another man) are not serving time for their role in torture? As far as I know, Blagojevich did not actually do much of anything.

Please correct me if you know of anything Blagojevich did other than talk about the committing the kind of corruption that passes for government in our country every day.

Exchanging favors. Isn't that what fuels our democracy at the highest levels? Blagojevich was all too direct in talking about that fact.
    They had evidence against Bloggo.

By the way, the defense gets to screen jurors too so blaming it on jury selection is a pretty lame FAIL.

If a Republican had been caught doing this and convicted the DUmmies would be all for it.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=102x4897902

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DUmmy
    Exchanging favors. Isn't that what fuels our democracy at the highest levels? Blagojevich was all too direct in talking about that fact.
    He was trying to SELL THE U.S. SENATE SEAT and they caught him on tape!!! :mad:

Have you not heard the tapes, DUmmy?
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender