Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    the passengers have included members of the US Military, the Israeli military, and more:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225930244735

Holocaust survivor Reuven Moskovitz, an 82-year-old passenger on the Irene, said he felt duty-bound to attempt the voyage.

"It is a sacred duty for me, as a survivor, to protest against the persecution, the oppression and the imprisonment of so many people in Gaza, including more than 800,000 children," Mr Moskovitz said.

"The state of Israel was a big dream, and it has become reality. We have to make sure it does not become a nightmare.

"I still believe I have a right to be here, but not to rob Palestinians from their land and steal the rights of 1.5 million people."

Yonatan Shapira, an Israeli former military pilot and crew member on the British-flagged boat, said they were not seeking confrontation. "We have a policy of non-violence and non-confrontation," he said.
    The Glenn Beck style propaganda would have you believe that these people are all anti-semites, even though many of them are Jewish, Israeli Citizens, Israeli military, and even Holocaust victims.

Look through the bullshit, stop gorging yourself on mainstream corporate media garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    the passengers have included members of the US Military, the Israeli military, and more:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225930244735

The Glenn Beck style propaganda would have you believe that these people are all anti-semites, even though many of them are Jewish, Israeli Citizens, Israeli military, and even Holocaust victims.

Look through the bullshit, stop gorging yourself on mainstream corporate media garbage.

Well again the term "self hating Jew" wasn't coined yesterday. Those misguided individuals can now take those boats to Egypt and take the cargo through the border now that they opened it. This is all Just a PR stunt to break the blockade. i am sure if they allow the Israelis' to board and inspect the cargo (which they can by law) in a peaceful manner there will be no problem but I bet there are others (not as noble as the people you describe) that will be on there to start trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Well again the term "self hating Jew" wasn't coined yesterday.
    That's also a term with anti-semitic sentiments. It implies that all Jewish people must support 100% the actions of the nation of Israel, and if they do not , that they somehow hate their Jewish heritage.

That is simply not the case. Jewish people have a variety of opinions and experiences, and a Jewish individual who disagrees with the actions of a government doesn't make them a "self-hating Jew".

If a Jewish person has a critical opinion of some actions of the Israeli government, it is possible that they have well-thought-out reasons based in facts and logic, we should not just assume they are "self-hating Jews". They have minds of their own, and we can disagree with their conclusions, but we must examine their reasoning because they are rational-thinking adults just as much as any other group of people.

http://universitycity.patch.com/arti...the-gaza-strip

Epstein was born in 1924 in the village of Kippenheim, Germany. In 1933, when she was eight years old, Hitler took power and Epstein’s parents decided they were going to try to leave the country.

"They very quickly realized that staying in Germany under Hitler and being Jewish maybe was not the best combination to raise a family," Epstein said. "They were anxious to leave and became increasingly more desperate to get out anywhere in the world, didn’t matter where."

In 1939, Epstein was one of 10,000 Jewish children from Germany who traveled to England before the beginning of World War II. Epstein's parents could not go with her. They were eventually sent to concentration camps in Europe. While in England, Epstein received regular correspondence from her parents who never told her of their suffering.

On September 1942, Epstein received one last postcard.

"Traveling to the east ... Sending you a final goodbye," the postcard read.

Her parents had been sent to Auschwitz, and Epstein never again heard from them.
    Over the years, Epstein worked in a variety of jobs. She was also an activist for different causes such as fair housing, abortion rights, and antiwar activities. In 1982, Epstein said she got a "wake up call," about Israel when she read about a massacre in two Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon.

"As I learned more and understood more, I became increasingly disturbed about Israel's policies and practices," Epstein said. "I began to speak out against those policies and practices and speak out publicly."

"I am not part of the Jewish community around here," Epstein said. "To them, I am persona non grata because of my politics. They say I am a self-hating Jew, an anti-Semitic, a traitor."

Epstein is one of 34 American passengers aboard the Audacity of Hope, as part of the Gaza Freedom Flotilla II that will be traveling to the Gaza Strip this week in protest of Israel's naval blockade of the Gaza Strip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    That's also a term with anti-semitic sentiments. It implies that all Jewish people must support 100% the actions of the nation of Israel, and if they do not , that they somehow hate their Jewish heritage.

That is simply not the case. Jewish people have a variety of opinions and experiences, and a Jewish individual who disagrees with the actions of a government doesn't make them a "self-hating Jew".

If a Jewish person has a critical opinion of some actions of the Israeli government, it is possible that they have well-thought-out reasons based in facts and logic, we should not just assume they are "self-hating Jews". They have minds of their own, and we can disagree with their conclusions, but we must examine their reasoning because they are rational-thinking adults just as much as any other group of people.

http://universitycity.patch.com/arti...the-gaza-strip

If I am not mistaken the IHH is involved in this little boat trip, do yourself a favor and look them up and what they stand for. They are just a wholesome group of people. I am sure the people you pointed out are just dandy good people but they are associating with known arab/Palestinian terror groups. The bottom line is until Hamas declares a cease fire (they declared war against the state of Israel) Israel has every right to blockade a country that its at war with. I hope they try something stupid I really do. (the boat people)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IHH_%28Turkish_NGO%29
    Last edited by Bailey; 07-01-2011 at 01:49 PM.