1. #1 The Fourth of July - What it means to the average American? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    kentuck - below average DU Moron.

kentuck (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-01-11 07:20 AM
    Original message The Fourth of July - What it means to the average American?

Get out the boat and the water skis. Fire up that grill. Get out those fireworks we bought over in Missouri. Get out the water guns for the kids. Invite the friends and neighbors over for the feast.

But, under no circumstances, do not think about the sad condition of your country. Do not think of your responsibility as a citizen. Do not educate yourself on the debt crisis or what it might mean for your job or your future. Let the politicians worry about those things.

Oh! And don't forget to put up the flag.

There should be some greyt anti-american threads in the coming days as the DU scum can't help themselves...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Well, I'm going to the beach, watch fireworks over Lake Michigan, and eat food grilled by my brother in law. Plus, I took Tuesday off, so it's a 4 day weekend.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Well, I'm going to the beach, watch fireworks over Lake Michigan, and eat food grilled by my brother in law. Plus, I took Tuesday off, so it's a 4 day weekend.
    Have a greyt weekend! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    kentuck - below average DU Moron.

There should be some greyt anti-american threads in the coming days as the DU scum can't help themselves...
    Now, now, there are some thinking DU members in the Gun Forum.

And as my friend Jay in NC instructed me when I said there was a rational and true answer to all things known - "No, Nova, some things are just a matter of opinion." That really disappointed me, my partner in crime had gone over to the dark side: maturity.

Power CUer
    Well, for one thing, I'll be home on the fourth. The kids in the neighborhood have a cute little parade, and there's no way I'd go downtown (except for one year when we went to the White House with a friend who was one of the president's speechwriters; that was okay). Here's a look at DC on the fourth:

http://www.rantsfrommommyland.com/20...dc-on.html?m=1
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I am going to spend part of the 4th by blowing up a small part of the country up. (fireworks) :D

I hope my Dad is up for his annual cook out. :)

kentuck (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-01-11 07:20 AM
    Original message The Fourth of July - What it means to the average American?

Get out the boat and the water skis. Fire up that grill. Get out those fireworks we bought over in Missouri. Get out the water guns for the kids. Invite the friends and neighbors over for the feast.

But, under no circumstances, do not think about the sad condition of your country. Do not think of your responsibility as a citizen. Do not educate yourself on the debt crisis or what it might mean for your job or your future. Let the politicians worry about those things.

Oh! And don't forget to put up the flag.
    Yes Kentuck because we all know that complete reliance on the government to provide for our every need is the essence of independence.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Yes Kentuck because we all know that complete reliance on the government to provide for our every need is the essence of independence.
    Avoid the highways this weekend. Oh, and buy a waterhose in case your house catches on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Avoid the highways this weekend. Oh, and buy a waterhose in case your house catches on fire.
    Do you hurt your legs knee jerking like you do?

I mean I even agree with NH from time to time, you agree with NO ONE (well cept maybe philly)

I'm going scalloping at Steinhatchee tomorrow. After that, I have no idea.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad