Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    It has been hot and humid the last couple of days. Been watering my yard like crazy. Brown spots piss me off.

TOTD: I have 1 brother and we are very close. Being the oldest, I got the short end of the deal when it came to whippings. He is also a conservative. Wish I would have had a sister.
    LOL! Why? So she could tell you how ridiculous your haircut is? I spend some time on that issue myself. Sisters are mainly useful for organizing get-togethers and taking care of parents. We are wicked good on preparing side-dishes and micromanaging your offspring. :p

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Again supposed to be 96/97 and humid, but no golf for Ralphie today. Fiscal year ended yesterday, so starting to work on that tiny little bit of business.

TOTD: I'm the oldest of two, have a younger brother who just got married on the last holiday weekend. Impact on my life? Pain-in-the-a**. :D Kidding, he used to be, but I think he finally grew up.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    LOL! Why? So she could tell you how ridiculous your haircut is? I spend some time on that issue myself. Sisters are mainly useful for organizing get-togethers and taking care of parents. We are wicked good on preparing side-dishes and micromanaging your offspring. :p
    She would have been like my mom who was a doll, kind, caring and loving. I would have been too protective of her; as a kid, I got in enough fist fights as it was. Taking care of parents was my brother, I and the sitters responsibility for 15 years after both had bad strokes. No way in hell would I have put them in a god awful nursing home. Also, I have never dated a woman that could out cook me.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    She would have been like my mom who was a doll, kind, caring and loving. I would have been too protective of her; as a kid, I got in enough fist fights as it was. Taking care of parents was my brother, I and the sitters responsibility for 15 years after both had bad strokes. No way in hell would I have put them in a god awful nursing home. Also, I have never dated a woman that could out cook me.
    Talk to a guy with sisters. LOL! My brothers are protective (now - not so much when they were beating me senseless as kids) and we are good about providing shelter and food to brothers who are between "events".

Pro tip: to absolutely freak out any brother for at least two weeks, you can simply wave an unopened tampon in front of them when they have friends over. It's like a magic spell. :D

Banned
    Talk to a guy with sisters. LOL! My brothers are protective (now - not so much when they were beating me senseless as kids) and we are good about providing shelter and food to brothers who are between "events".

Pro tip: to absolutely freak out any brother for at least two weeks, you can simply wave an unopened tampon in front of them when they have friends over. It's like a magic spell. :D
    I have never hit a girl or a woman. A girl in grade school stuck me in the hand with a quill pin; I poured the whole bottle of ink on her dress. That is the extent of my violence against the fair sex.

Your pro tip reminds of a chick I would run into occasionally in my clubbing days. To off a guy that was hitting on her, she would tell him that she has herpes. Pretty crass if you ask me.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    It's gorgeous today! We'll be in the low to mid 80s with the usual T-storms.

TOTD: I'm the youngest. One of my brothers is dead and the other two are Born Again conservatives. Took them long enough.

The great thing about being the only and youngest girl in a set-up like that is that nothing - I mean nothing - about dick-head behavior will ever surprise you for the rest of your life. You also learn valuable close combat skills at an early age.
    LOL! I am the middle child...the only girl. When I tell people that I don't punch like a girl, I mean it.:D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    LOL! I am the middle child...the only girl. When I tell people that I don't punch like a girl, I mean it.:D
    Do you put your weight behind it? :p:eek:
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Do you put your weight behind it? :p:eek:
    Bastard!:p I've honestly lost so much weight that fat jokes can't even kinda upset me at the moment but well done.:D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

I'm the youngest by 10 years. I have two older sisters. I'm also the only grandson on both sides of the family. My mom had 3 miscarriages between my sister and me. Like I tell folks, "That's how badass I am. I killed three other children just to get here."
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    San Diego is beautiful today. Perfect beach weather. Now if all the damned Arizonans would go the hell home, I could enjoy the beach. :)

Oh, and I wasn't lucky like Linda. I had a houseful of siblings and I had to help take care of them all because mom was overwhelmed. Dad was working 24/7 to keep us afloat. Somewhere there are violins playing in the distance.....:D:D
    Last edited by Elspeth; 07-01-2011 at 02:55 PM.