Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21  
    Senior Member jnkbortka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Salem, Indiana
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Crazy kid, it's in your profile for everyone to see.
    And to think I was going to hire you for a spying job!
    i know, i was hoping no one would notice xD
    If you want to see my political views, check out my profile. i have them on my wall because there wasn't enough room in the info section.
     

  2. #22  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    This is funny math. The rich do pay a larger share of the total tax revenue because they have an extremely high portion of the pie to begin with. Even if it's totally skewed in favor or the top 2 percent it will still appear that they are the victims with this statistic.

    Let me give you a very rough example: We have 100 people

    You have 98 people making $100. Their tax rate is set at 50%.

    You also have 2 people making $10,000, their tax rate is set at 25%

    In this example, 98% of the population makes little money and they are taxed at TWICE the rate of the top 2%. However, let's look at the total share of taxes:

    We end up with $9,900 in total tax revenue, with $5,000 of that being paid by the top 2%. Oh my god, only 2% of the population is paying for OVER HALF of all taxes. That's totally unfair I guess we should lower their tax rate?


    Numbers are very easily to manipulate, be careful. Obviously the real life situation is a little more complex than this, but this demonstrates how using the same statistical measure rush quoted there is misleading.
    Numbers are very easily to manipulate
    So are liberals.

    Let me update your cute little socialist strawman example:

    100 people are in a room.
    50 of them work and 50 of them are worthless liberal leaches.
    Of the 50 that are productive, 27 of them are not taxed at all.
    The remaining 23 pay progressively higher taxes depending on their increased productivity.

    Of the 23 who pay all the tax burden for the 77 "others,"
    5 of them pay 95% of the bills of the entire 100.
    The remaining 18 of the productive group pay the remaining 5% of the burden of the entire population of the 100.


    Insert liberal "reasoning"---"Fair is fair, those 5 percenters earn more, dangit, it ain't fair that they don't pay more for those deserving 77 poor people."
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
     

  3. #23  
    Senior Member jnkbortka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Salem, Indiana
    Posts
    380
    i'm sorry, i was very confused as to what the bush tax cuts actually were... i looked it up so now i know what i'm talking about :p
    If you want to see my political views, check out my profile. i have them on my wall because there wasn't enough room in the info section.
     

  4. #24  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,442
    Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post
    i'm sorry, i was very confused as to what the bush tax cuts actually were... i looked it up so now i know what i'm talking about :p
    Good man, that's the way to learn!:)
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
     

  5. #25  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,079
    Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post
    i'm sorry, i was very confused as to what the bush tax cuts actually were... i looked it up so now i know what i'm talking about :p
    Keep this learning thing up and we'll break you of this Ron Paul habit before long!
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
     

  6. #26  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,417
    Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post
    since Paul most likely wont win the primary, i'd vote for Cain. the Dems wouldn't know what to do, because their most powerful weapon, the race card, would be rendered useless.

    although one thing i don't like is he supports is bush's tax cuts for the wealthy. i don't say we should tax the rich more, but we should at least be taxing them the same as everyone else.
    You are an idiot.
     

  7. #27  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
    Posts
    428
    Originally Posted by jnkbortka
    since Paul most likely wont win the primary, i'd vote for Cain. the Dems wouldn't know what to do, because their most powerful weapon, the race card, would be rendered useless.

    although one thing i don't like is he supports is bush's tax cuts for the wealthy. i don't say we should tax the rich more, but we should at least be taxing them the same as everyone else.
    You do realise that the top 1% of earners pay 40% of all taxes don't you? How many more dollars do you want to take from those that work hard for them? I say tax the poor. They're the parasites suckling at the government welfare tit. Let them start contributing more.
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    You are an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonialMarine0431 View Post
    You do realise that the top 1% of earners pay 40% of all taxes don't you? How many more dollars do you want to take from those that work hard for them? I say tax the poor. They're the parasites suckling at the government welfare tit. Let them start contributing more.
    He has obviously been listening to the media lies regarding spending. Any progressive income tax is unfair and a means to redistribute the wealth.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
     

  9. #29  
    Senior Member jnkbortka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Salem, Indiana
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonialMarine0431 View Post
    You do realise that the top 1% of earners pay 40% of all taxes don't you? How many more dollars do you want to take from those that work hard for them? I say tax the poor. They're the parasites suckling at the government welfare tit. Let them start contributing more.
    i already said i made mistake, what more do you want?
    If you want to see my political views, check out my profile. i have them on my wall because there wasn't enough room in the info section.
     

  10. #30  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post
    i already said i made mistake, what more do you want?
    he got a time out, don't worry about it
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •