Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Texan Wins Controversial 'White Man' Scholarship 
    controversial non-profit organization announced it has awarded the second of five academic scholarships to a Texas man. Among the criteria: the recipient must be white and male. The group sponsoring it says it's the only scholarship of its kind in the United States, My Fox Dallas-Fort Worth reports.

The award was presented by a group called the Former Majority Association for Equality. Its president, Colby Bohannon, says he has been called a racist and compared to the KKK.

"We're not racists. We have no agenda for bigotry," said Bohannon. "We're not trying to take away anything from any other group. We're just trying to help poor, Caucasian males afford college."

Recipient Brendan Baird is studying to become a physician's assistant, and the awarded $500 check will help him to pay for schooling.

To win, he had to demonstrate a high GPA, community service, sports ability and financial need. But what really sealed the deal is the fact that he is a white man.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/02...n-scholarship/

Good for him.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Fabulous Poster
    As I understand it, some white people attend University Of Maryland Eastern Shore (formerly an officially black and now nearly all black college) on full boat "diversity scholarships".

what about the United Negro College Fund? is that not racist?
    If you want to see my political views, check out my profile. i have them on my wall because there wasn't enough room in the info section.

Glad to see this.
    Every other racial/gender class has exclusive scholarships available.

Personally, i'm against the idea all together. But if it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Banned
    In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
    Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post
    what about the United Negro College Fund? is that not racist?
    How's about a United Whitey College Fund? :D

Goose and gander college fund.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

The thing to remember is that most scholarship dollars come from individual donors who want to give back and promote a particular school as an alumni, or particular class of people they align with (black, hispanic, gay, white doesn't matter). My Dad used to give an annual scholarship to any high school senior in our town who planned to major in Petroleum Engineering at UT Austin. That's where he wanted his money to go to help some underprivileged kid follow in his footsteps. He didn't want his donations as a UT alumni going to some dweebie artsy type.

The group giving out this scholarship is spending their own money in the way they want it spent. I applaud them for doing it. Not because they are white, but because they cut the PC crap and just did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    As I understand it, some white people attend University Of Maryland Eastern Shore (formerly an officially black and now nearly all black college) on full boat "diversity scholarships".
    So what's that have to do with the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Goose and gander college fund.
    There we go! Only Geese get scholarships.