1. #1 Phoenix sets record, reaches 118 
    At 118 degrees Saturday afternoon, Phoenix saw its hottest day of the year so far, trumping earlier forecasts and setting a new record from a decade ago, according to the National Weather Service.

Temperatures at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport were expected to reach 116 degrees, the record for the day set back in 2001, said Charlotte Dewey, a weather service meteorologist in Phoenix.

Saturday also marked the first day of monsoon activity.

Storm systems active in Gila County earlier in the day are settling over the Valley, but metro Phoenix isn't expected to see anything more than slightly lower temperatures and blowing dust in the evening, Dewey said.

"We haven't had any reports of rain yet," Dewey said shortly before 5 p.m. "It may be sprinkling, but no measurable rain."

That could change by the July Fourth holiday. Dewey said there is a chance for thunderstorms Monday evening. The high for Monday is expected to reach 107 degrees, with mostly sunny conditions until about 5 p.m. A 25 to 30 percent chance of thunderstorms will last until about 11 p.m., Dewey said.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...#ixzz1R05VZHYj
    It was so hot today, I didn't even want to go outside and get in the pool. That's bad!

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    It was so hot today, I didn't even want to go outside and get in the pool. That's bad!
    Remember 122...

When it's that hot even the pools feel like warm bath water :(
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Remember 122...

When it's that hot even the pools feel like warm bath water :(
    I do remember that! Even had the t-shirt for a while. :D

I remember planes actually being grounded because the rubber tires were sticking to the asphalt. It truly felt like I was walking into an oven when I opened the front door.

This too shall be used by the AGW idiots to "prove" global warming. Of course there will be no mention of the several hundred thousand places that were under the record temps as proof that AGW is the hoax we all know it is.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand