Thread: All-Star Rosters Unveiled

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    completely agree, 12 wins for the AL lead...fans are dumb sometimes
    The Rangers' manager Ron Washington had a chance to pick him for the team. And his reason for not was exactly what I explained above, that Sabathia is scheduled to pitch the last day before the AS break.

It isn't a great justification, but it does make some sense.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    The Rangers' manager Ron Washington had a chance to pick him for the team. And his reason for not was exactly what I explained above, that Sabathia is scheduled to pitch the last day before the AS break.

It isn't a great justification, but it does make some sense.
    yeah but that doesn't explain why he didn't make it via fan vote
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I haven't figured out how Craig Kimbrel didn't make it. An argument can be made for Tommy Hansen as well.
    There were several legit snubs but the only answer I have to Hansen, being a pitcher, is that Bochy took care of his boys but his boys aren't having all star years. Lincecum is sub .500 with a 3+ ERA. Cain as well. Vogelsong I can see as he is having an outstanding year. But Hanson not getting chosen was a true snub. He might make though because Hamels is pitching Sunday and will be ineligible to play.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Brewers got 3 players, that's pretty impressive for them
    Cards just got 3 players, very unimpressive for them. And no Cards pitchers made the squad. The fact that they're in first place in their division is a tribute to the team playing fantastic baseball as just that---a team.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Cards just got 3 players...<snip>
    OT: Rumors are already circulating that Pujols' quick return is due to HGH.

Personally I don't believe it but his batting coach is Mark McGwire. :eek:

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Cards just got 3 players, very unimpressive for them. And no Cards pitchers made the squad. The fact that they're in first place in their division is a tribute to the team playing fantastic baseball as just that---a team.
    that and the Brewers played crap baseball during that entire 2 week stretch
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    There were several legit snubs but the only answer I have to Hansen, being a pitcher, is that Bochy took care of his boys but his boys aren't having all star years. Lincecum is sub .500 with a 3+ ERA. Cain as well. Vogelsong I can see as he is having an outstanding year. But Hanson not getting chosen was a true snub. He might make though because Hamels is pitching Sunday and will be ineligible to play.
    Bochy made a joke out of the ALL Star roster. He actually said that Jack McKeon and one other manager should have called him and basically beg him for their guys a roster spot. Who does he think he is, the Godfather?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    OT: Rumors are already circulating that Pujols' quick return is due to HGH.

Personally I don't believe it but his batting coach is Mark McGwire. :eek:
    I haven't been following it, but it's probably due to Pujols great spirit and dedication to the game. He doesn't need that batting coach---did perfectly well before McGwire came on board. I have no use for McGwire, but greatly admire Pujols. So those rumor mongers can stick their rumors up their ____. Just saying. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Carpenter has gotten no run support, thus a poor W/L record. He's pitching fine. Wainwright is out for the year, Garcia has pitched ok, Franklin (the closer) just got released....it hasn't been a banner year for the pitching staff.

Yet they Cards are still hanging around the top of the division. More voo-doo from "The Genius" Tony LaRussa I guess. :p
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

This is one of the main reasons why I pay the All Star game no mind. It's not an all star game, it's a game between 2 teams chosen in a popularity contest by the fans. Then the reigning manager pads the egos of their own players ahead of deserving players and just to prove I'm no homer, I got on Manuel last year for taking Howard over Votto(Votto had to be chosen through the final vote).

As for Pujols, I can't stand him. He's a whiner and a hypocrite. In 2006 he whined that Ryan Howard was named MVP even though the Phillies didn't make the playoffs and the Cardinals did even though Howard had better stats overall than Pujols but in 2008 he had no problem taking the MVP even though the Cards failed to make the playoffs.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy