Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Ron Paul being equated to religious fanaticism... 
    http://www.tommullen.net/featured/ca...ut-everything/

sorry, I'm feeling like a Paulistinian today :D
    If you want to see my political views, check out my profile. i have them on my wall because there wasn't enough room in the info section.

Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post
    http://www.tommullen.net/featured/ca...ut-everything/

sorry, I'm feeling like a Paulistinian today :D
    The fact is, it is Paul's idealism in the face of the realities of our time that is my problem with him. I agree with most of his positions on principle. However, I also believe in world peace and feeding every hungry child, etc., yet I understand that visualizing those things will not make them happen in the face of the state of the world, both now and into the foreseeable future.

In short, you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. The best you can do is not squeeze anymore of it out. The generational pendulum will swing and the zeitgeist with it. What Mr. Paul & Co. are doing, despite their good intentions, is at best remaining part of the conversation (which I actually think is good) and at worst partaking in a different flavor to the hope and change Kool-Aid thing and expecting different results than their counterparts on the Left.

At the end of the day, Paul's real and material impact on the course of this nation will be just exactly what I think he deep down knows it is: A voice from atop a soapbox crying to any who will listen, "Don't forget how this all came to be!"

In that, I think he has been a positive influence (especially on young people). However, if that message is taken to mean, 'We can and must go back there', as it has been by so many of his faithful who believe more than they understand, it is no different than Obama's faithful who believe more than they understand thinking that we can get to Utopia by hoping for it.

You can never get where you are headed by hoping everyone is headed the same way, and you can never get back to the home you remember.
    Last edited by Articulate_Ape; 07-04-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

The fact of the matter is Ron Paul is a loser of the worst sort. He cares not for the conservative/Republican cause. As a matter of fact, I hope he is excluded from the rest of the debates.

And for those who have "conveniently" forgot, Ron Paul, in his typical fit of stomping his feet, endorsed Cynthia McKinney and Ralph Nader in 2008 when it became apparent he wouldn't get the nominee.

CNN News Link

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    The fact of the matter is Ron Paul is a loser of the worst sort. He cares not for the conservative/Republican cause. As a matter of fact, I hope he is excluded from the rest of the debates.

And for those who have "conveniently" forgot, Ron Paul, in his typical fit of stomping his feet, endorsed Cynthia McKinney and Ralph Nader in 2008 when it became apparent he wouldn't get the nominee.

CNN News Link
    Technically, he endorsed all 3rd party candidates, so it was more of a "Don't vote for the two-party system" gesture.

In the midst of a budget and a monetary crisis, I still feel Paul is the best candidate. None of the other candidates convey to me an understanding of how the operation of the Federal Reserve works and why the quantitative easing solutions won't work. He certainly doesn't take advice from the Keynesian dominated field in academics.

Quote Originally Posted by swirling_vortex View Post
    Technically, he endorsed all 3rd party candidates, so it was more of a "Don't vote for the two-party system" gesture.

In the midst of a budget and a monetary crisis, I still feel Paul is the best candidate. None of the other candidates convey to me an understanding of how the operation of the Federal Reserve works and why the quantitative easing solutions won't work. He certainly doesn't take advice from the Keynesian dominated field in academics.
    There are others out there who are fiscally sane, and won't lead our country to ruin through their foreign policy though.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by swirling_vortex View Post

The problem is that we don't need another losing candidate. He has the Dr Nutz rap. I'll give him credit that he has an ardent group of followers, but there just aren't enough of them to get Obama out of office in 2012.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    There are others out there who are fiscally sane, and won't lead our country to ruin through their foreign policy though.
    That would be a plus for me.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I would submit that much of our foreign policy is not fiscally sane. I'm just sayin'.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I would submit that much of our foreign policy is not fiscally sane. I'm just sayin'.
    Paul's attitude toward foreign policy is to have none.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Paul's attitude toward foreign policy is to have none.
    Not quite, but that isn't too far off.