Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post
    what is the objective? Osama and sadam are dead
    That is one of the silliest statements that I've ever seen. They were symbols. Do you not think that others were involved in 9-11 other than Osama? It's there entire system that is at war with us, not an individual.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Banned
    again, WHAT IS THE OBJECTIVE?
    Your meds must have worn off because you did not read what I put.
    I said in my opinion I think that the purpose for us still being there is to FINISH THE JOB!! That PULLING out would leave us open for more attacks because we are thought of as weak.
    Now go get more meds and try to stay on track.

but ending these wars would save money, and just put it into the defense, instead of unwinnable wars
    Do you honestly think that money would be put back into the DoD budget?

And tell me General...what makes you think what we're doing is unwinnable?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Sonnabend
    WHAT IS THE OBJECTIVE?
    Deterrence. Fear. The blunt and definitive reality that we wish to impart to our enemies: we do not quit, we do not surrender, and no matter what, we do not retreat.

If an enemy sees resolve and determination, they see an enemy to be feared. If they see their enemy turn and run, they know they have the upper hand, and can act with impunity.

The greatest fear of a jihadi, an armed and grim soldier standing there, weapon in hand and crooking a finger: attack me and DIE.

Originally Posted by jnkbortka
    what is the objective? Osama and sadam are dead
    Do you really think that Muslim extremists started their war against America/Western Culture/Christianity on 9-11?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Sonnabend
    What is the objective?

Oderim dum metuant.

Let them hate, as long as they fear.

For our enemies to stop and think, twice, three times, knowing full well that if they attack or inflict damage...they cannot run, they cannot hide..that we will come for them.

For them to see in their minds eye the ultimate conclusion of a strike against any city, the face of a US Marine or other soldier...the last thing they see, the muzzle of a loaded weapon, and the cold, deadly eyes that consign them to Hell.

THAT is the objective.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 07-28-2011 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    What is the objective?

Oderim dum metuant.

Let them hate, as long as they fear.

For our enemies to stop and think, twice, three times, knowing full well that if they attack or inflict damage...they cannot run, they cannot hide..that we will come for them.

For them to see in their minds eye the ultimate conclusion of a strike against any city, the face of a US Marine or other soldier...the last thing they see, the muzzle of a loaded weapon, and the cold, deadly eyes that consign them to Hell.

THAT is the objective.
    You're spot on.

Mate we're in the situation we are now with the Muslim extremists because we ignored them or blew off their true intentions for decades.

Sonnabend
    Try the last FIFTY years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Deterrence. Fear. The blunt and definitive reality that we wish to impart to our enemies: we do not quit, we do not surrender, and no matter what, we do not retreat.

If an enemy sees resolve and determination, they see an enemy to be feared. If they see their enemy turn and run, they know they have the upper hand, and can act with impunity.

The greatest fear of a jihadi, an armed and grim soldier standing there, weapon in hand and crooking a finger: attack me and DIE.

Who the hell are "they"? Nobody is born a jihadi, they're the teenage punks of their respective nation, and by meddling in their business we're making a target of ourselves, as westerners.

Just take Mubarak as an example, how do you think egyptian teenagers feel about the US? They've been beaten by corrupt police backed by the corrupt government which has been backed by different forms of US aid.

It doesn't matter why Mubarak was supported. The fact is that people who don't even dare to dream to have just one of the rights listed in the BOR have been beaten, killed and incarcerated by a corrupt totalitarian government backed by american tax dollars.

They will be bitter as heck and when the islamists get their hand on them they become fuel for the jihad.

Edit: For people who aren't guerillas the US soldiers pose no threat, they can't intimidate them. What about all the angered young men in the middle east who are not iraqi or afghani? At least two generations of egyptians consider the US a dictator supporting, reckless and ignorant beast. From their perspective, that is what the US is. They don't know about the second amendment, they don't see how one terrorist attack on the US equates to two wars in the middle east. They have bombs going off all the time. I've met an Egyptian who lost an eye to a terrorist attack by some islamist nutjob. He thought the islamists were crazy people and he hated his freedom hating government (that was paid for by US dollars).

We all hate the jihadists, but the issue at hand is to keep their numbers from growing! The vast majority of the people in this part of the world just wants to buy a house and a car.
    Last edited by axxxel; 08-05-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Sonnabend
    Sod off, RonBot.