Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Word to Ron Paul supporters. we have enough Ron Paul threads open right now, don't start anymore, comment about your dear leader in the existing Paul threads.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Word to Ron Paul supporters. we have enough Ron Paul threads open right now, don't start anymore, comment about your dear leader in the existing Paul threads.
    That's cool. I wanted to post a new article about Obama's achievements in US Employment, anyway. :D

Quote Originally Posted by OrthodoxPresbyterian View Post
    Yes, because encouraging mass Firearms-Ownership amongst the law-abiding American Population is SUCH an "idiotic" idea.

Works for the Swiss.
    Well then take your stupid ass to Switzerland.

They also have a robust Social Welfare system that the Libtards would LOVE to have us emulate.

Doesn't mean we should.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

As for the Navy, it's almost mandated as a permanent institution by the Constitution itself (unlike the Army, which is Constitutionally supposed to be raised for only two years at a time):
    You are a Grade A 100% dumb fuck. Your last statement proves it and should send you running from here in abject embarrassment.

What the hell do you think we pass a Defense Budget for EVERY SINGLE YEAR for?

Here's a hint for your clueless ass...it's to continue to "raise" the Army. But instead of doing it every two years...we do it yearly.

Dear GAWD you're a moron.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    You are a Grade A 100% dumb fuck. Your last statement proves it and should send you running from here in abject embarrassment.

What the hell do you think we pass a Defense Budget for EVERY SINGLE YEAR for?

Here's a hint for your clueless ass...it's to continue to "raise" the Army. But instead of doing it every two years...we do it yearly.

Dear GAWD you're a moron.
    I'm aware that's how the appropriation is done. My point is simply that the Founders conceived of the "raising" of an Army to be generally a short-term need (hence the "two year" requirement), whereas maintaining the Navy at an established level was regarded as more of a permanent institution (thus, no "two year" requirement was included). My own views on National Defense mirror these general sentiments.

I'm aware that's how the appropriation is done. My point is simply that the Founders conceived of the "raising" of an Army to be generally a short-term need (hence the "two year" requirement), whereas maintaining the Navy at an established level was regarded as more of a permanent institution (thus, no "two year" requirement was included). My own views on National Defense mirror these general sentiments.
    Your "point" like everything else you post here is moronic and stupid. You long for the days of horse and buggy with your simplistic crap.

Get with he 21st Century already.

The Commander In Chiefs job...as stated in the Constitution...is to protect this country and the people therein.

Explain to me exactly how a navy ship is going to protect Iowa?

Banned
    Well then take your stupid ass to Switzerland.

They also have a robust Social Welfare system that the Libtards would LOVE to have us emulate.

Doesn't mean we should.
    I'll pass on the Social Welfare system.

But I am in favor of encouraging mass Firearms-Ownership by the Law-Abiding Populace. I don't know that directly subsidizing firearms ownership is necessarily "the best" way to achieve that; I'm open to discussion on the details.

But it would be surprisingly cheap, compared to the current Federal Budget. Or even just the Defense portion of the Budget.

Banned
    Er... Who's invading Iowa?

Of course, there are 1.2 million households in Iowa. Give each Adult Head of Household an AR-15, and that's an awful lot of rifles behind all those tall rows of corn.

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." -- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Your "point" like everything else you post here is moronic and stupid. You long for the days of horse and buggy with your simplistic crap.

Get with he 21st Century already.

The Commander In Chiefs job...as stated in the Constitution...is to protect this country and the people therein.

What do you expect from a braindead Ronulan Tx? I have no tollerance of ignorance of the magnitude people such as the brainwashed cultist OrthodoxPresbyterian bring to the forum....I put the idiot OP on ignore.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

I'll pass on the Social Welfare system.
    But why? Their idea for national defense is to your liking.

But I am in favor of encouraging mass Firearms-Ownership by the Law-Abiding Populace. I don't know that directly subsidizing firearms ownership is necessarily "the best" way to achieve that; I'm open to discussion on the details.
    Ever heard of the 2nd Amendment? Doesn't sound like it.

So you want to have the Government subsidize...spend even MORE money on what is essentially a "social welfare" program for gun ownership?

I thought you were for reducing the size and scope of government and for reducing?

But it would be surprisingly cheap, compared to the current Federal Budget. Or even just the Defense portion of the Budget.
    OH I get it now...you're only for social welfare and government intervention on the little pet issues YOU like.

How Liberal of you.