1. #1 Harry Potter: Reformed Lush. 
    'Harry Potter's' Daniel Radcliffe admits past drinking problem
    July 4, 2011 | 1:19 pm

Daniel Radcliffe just turned 21, and he's already given up drinking. It turns out the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2 " star partied a little too hard over the years and decided to call it quits a while back.

Radcliffe admitted to boozing it up while filming the 2009 blockbuster "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" (for non-Potterites, that would be the sixth flick in the franchise).

"I became so reliant on [alcohol] to enjoy stuff," he told GQ magazine. "There were a few years there when I was just so enamored with the idea of living some sort of famous person's lifestyle that really isn't suited to me."

And no, it wasn't butter beer he was guzzling: Radcliffe said he was a whiskey guy before going dry in August 2010. However, he couldn’t be happier with his sober new life.
    Good for him!

LA Times

I know a lot of people in the AF who are like that. They partied so hard before they turned 21 that by the time they became legal it had lost all of it's glamour.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I led a boring life till 21 and didnt drink much :(

Then i met a evil temptress called tequila at my 21 birthday party, that cured me in a hurry :)
    Last edited by Bailey; 07-05-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders. I read that he's been killing it on Broadway recently. Rave reviews. I hope he doesn't pull a Lohan and let a lucrative career pass him by. He seems to have the talent to go far (as if Harry Potter wasn't far enough-LOL).

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I know a lot of people in the AF who are like that. They partied so hard before they turned 21 that by the time they became legal it had lost all of it's glamour.
    And then they became a weatherman...... :D

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    And then they became a weatherman...... :D
    We called those folks "B Team".

The unit I was in had the SE US broken up into three diffferant zones. The folks who forecasted for Southern Alabama/Mississippi and Florida where B Team, and thats where all the alchie's where.

A Team was all the wife beaters and nutters.

C Team was the "normal" people.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

One of my friends spent a year in London, working at a bank. She said the british are the biggest lushes she has ever seen, and she went to the same public university in the 80s that I went to. According to her, they get drunk at the pub on the way to the office, have a few at lunch, then stop at the pub on the way home.

This is why I don't worry too much about muslims taking over Britain. The british will start fighting seriously when the muslims try to make alcohol illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    One of my friends spent a year in London, working at a bank. She said the british are the biggest lushes she has ever seen, and she went to the same public university in the 80s that I went to. According to her, they get drunk at the pub on the way to the office, have a few at lunch, then stop at the pub on the way home.

This is why I don't worry too much about muslims taking over Britain. The british will start fighting seriously when the muslims try to make alcohol illegal.
    We hope. They got rid of fox hunting. . . the UK isn't above auctioning off their culture to please a minority.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

On a related note, drinking is dropping among the 18 and under crowd in the U.K. It's been declining in Sweden for a few years now.

Basically, all these kids have watched their pudgy, randy parents make fools of themselves for years now and it's had a sobering effect on the young. :)