Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Now i want to put those high executive salaries in to perspective 
    I am sorry for a second highly complicated post. I think i have finally let some of the assholes on DU get to me with thier insane "logic"

ok you have a made up corporation called A Corp. A Corp makes widgets and is a U.S. based company with 50,000 employees and 5.4 billion in sales (calculated below). A Corp has 30,000 employees working on manufacturing lines making widgets. wdigets can be made by one indivdual.
    A Corp is a publically traded company and its average share price for the year is $5.00

a typical widget maker on A Corp manufacturing floor makes $20.00 per hour.
    so if he works no overtime he makes (50 weeks * 40 hours = 2080 hours times $20.00 per hour= $41,600.

A single widget maker can make 5 widgets a day and widgets sell for $50.00 per widget.

360 days times 5 perday by each widget maker x 30,000 widget makers selling for $50.00 per widget equals 5.4 billion in revenue.

so a single widget maker makes 1,800 widgets per year and each widget sells for $ 50.00 so he basically generates $90,000 in revenue. his salary is $41.600 and lets add 10% for benefits. so his total cost is $41.600 times 1.10 = $45,760

so he generates $90,000 in revenue and costs $45.760 basically a return of 50% on investment.

A Corp has a CEO that makes 2.5 million in base salary. lets say he gets a 2% bonus on accounting net profits and also get 50,0000 shares of stock per year.

based on his strategic decisions the CEO of A Corp is responsible for generating 5.4 billion in sales.
    his cost is 2.5 million plus lets say because of executive perks the percentage of his benefits are 20%

2.5 times 1.20 = 3.75 million

let's calculate his return 5.4 billion in revenue that costs 3.75 million is a net profit of 5 billion
    is a great percent return on investment.

so in my book paying the Ceo 2.5 million to generate 5.4 billion in revenue and getting a 2000 times return on my investment makes alot more business sense then getting a 50% return on my investment.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    So basically they are bitching again about high CEO salaries and how they aren't worth it but every slub in a factory shoud be making 50 bucs an hour??? :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Cseeman, I'm not picking on you, but have you been taking a lot business and accounting courses lately?
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Not anymore then usual.

I have been in a program where as at the completion of said program i will earn a PhD in Accounting for about a year now.

I also earned a Masters in Economics in 1996, Masters in Accounting in 2002 and an MBA in 2008. Also I have been a CPA since 1992.

I have a pretty extensive background in financial leadership having been a CFO for about 4 different companies.

I have not been a "steady" poster to this site over the time i have been a member here. Most of the time i come to this site just to read what is posted. I also spend time over at DU but i have been "banned" from posting there for sometime. However i stiill go over there just to read the postings.

That is a summary of me, hope that answered your question

Cseeman. Read the rules of the forum.

http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ad.php?t=41658
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Cseeman. Read the rules of the forum.

http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ad.php?t=41658

I was being nice. :p:D

But seriously Cseeman, you know how we do this forum so lets stick to it please.

Sorry this was more of a rant against the people over at DU then a reaction to any specfic posting.

Wow this is the first time i have been scolded since i left High School.......

:D:eek::D

Quote Originally Posted by Cseeman View Post
    Wow this is the first time i have been scolded since i left High School.......
    You're not in trouble until you start liking the scoldings ... then its $200 an hour :D
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.