Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Okay Nova, what's on your pickup?
    NRA sticker and beach resident parking sticker. Both on the glass. I don't do bumper stickers. Why invite some jerk to key your car? Besides, they look like crap.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    Everyone remove your offensive bumper stickers and add a pair of truck nuts. See if they pass a bill for those.
    Now those are nasty.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    And by what standard are they using? IMO, having this subjective of a law is quite the can of worms.
    Its up to the personal opinion of the officer, or judge.

Remember back in '08 when a guy driving his pickup had a Abort Obama sign on his truck and he was pulled over by a officer and charged with threatening Obama, when it was a anti abortion sign meant?

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7...obama_not.html

Well a officer under this law could consider a political sticker for a candidate offensive. Could find a NRA sticker offensive to those who are anti-gun rights people.

This is PC politics at its worst. And now the law has the power to punish people for their 1st admen. right.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Power CUer
    "Parts of the human body"? So a breast cancer sticker like "Save the Ta-Tas" could be offensive?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    "Parts of the human body"? So a breast cancer sticker like "Save the Ta-Tas" could be offensive?
    Well your talking about breast, and in front of my 5 year old child riding in the car with me. That is offensive in my view. So yea
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

I didn't find this offensive when I put it on my Bronco........

Had lots of positive comments over the last couple of years, too...................

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

There are some bumper stickers I don't like (and everybody hates "truck nuts") but this law seems overboard to me. I don't really want some cop trying to decide First Amendment issues on the side of a highway.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    There are some bumper stickers I don't like (and everybody hates "truck nuts")
    I had to google these to see what they were. I've never seen them on a vehicle. Maybe I live too far from redneck territory...?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I had to google these to see what they were. I've never seen them on a vehicle. Maybe I live too far from redneck territory...?
    It's not so much a rural issues as it is an attitude issue. I've seen them in Denver. I think they're owned by the sons of those guys who bought the naked woman silhouette mudflaps. :p

Truck nuts aren't very common. I drove across the country twice in April, saw two sets the entire time.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.