1. #1 WI: $750,000 to be spent on voter ID education. 
    link

elocs (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Jul-06-11 09:29 AM
    Original message
    WI: $750,000 to be spent on voter ID education.

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/local/state-and-regiona...

MADISON — The state board in charge of running elections says it plans to spend more than $750,000 educating the public about the new photo identification law that fully takes effect next year.

The Government Accountability Board was given nearly $2 million by the Legislature to help pay for implementation of the new law.

The board says it will use about $436,000 on a public information campaign to inform the public about the requirement that photo identification be shown at the polls.

Most of the advertising will be focused around the Feb. 21 primary and the April 5 general election.

When I voted early here in La Crosse in the Democratic pseudo primary featuring a fake Democrat running against Jennifer Shilling who will beat Kapanke next month they were asking to see an ID. I had taken my 19 year old goddaughter and when they asked to see her ID I said I thought the law didn't go into effect until 2012 and the woman said "yes" but that they were just getting used to it ahead of time.

When my turn came and I was asked for an ID I told her "no", that I knew the law. There was nothing she could do so she gave me my ballot but when I returned it I was given a sheet which explained the new law.

Here in La Crosse they are evidently going to be doing this in all the elections this year. People can still vote without showing an ID, but I wonder how many who don't know the law will feel like they need to show one in order to be allowed to vote.
    elocs (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-06-11 09:43 AM
    Response to Original message
    2. This is money well spent since in the election last year where millions voted

there were maybe 6 instances of personal voter fraud and some involved a convicted felon voting which would not have been stopped by showing an ID. Just think, $2 million was given just for the implementation of the law.

It's a solution in search of a problem but then what it is actually all about by Republicans is voter suppression. It makes me wonder if Republicans still hold some power or all like here in WI at the middle of this century when the collective numbers of the minorities will exceed the number of whites if they will attempt to run things like mini apartheid South Africas.
    elleng Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Jul-06-11 09:50 AM
    Response to Original message
    4. Surely many will be intimidated out of voting by this technique.
    That's right. Republicans are counting on intimidating criminals, illegal aliens, people voting more than once from voting.
    elocs (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-06-11 09:58 AM
    Response to Reply #4
    7. The GOP is counting on that, and that the "some" intimidated will be Democratic voters. n/t
    So is that an admission that Democrats commit voter fraud??

Or is it the belief that Democrats are so soft that they are intimidated when asked for an ID that they need to drive a car, cash a check, get a passport, and receive government assistance.

They talk about how conservatives are so "ignorant" and "dumb". Yet just who is it that they claim is to incompetent, ignorant and dumb to get and bring an ID with when voting? DEMOCRATS!!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    um...well considering that the Democrats have been found guilty of voter fraud in Milwaukee on MULTIPLE occasions in the last 12 years, I'm pretty fucking sure that they have a reason to start getting use to the idea. fucking dumbass
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

I think the DUmmies should boycott this law by not voting.:D

Democrats have no one else to blame , but themselves for this.

Every time they lose, they scream voter fraud.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Do any of the DUmmies explain exactly what about showing an ID is intimidating?

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
    Most likely something to do with reality.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    I think the DUmmies should boycott this law by not voting.:D
    I agree 110%!

Not One More Damn Vote Day!!!!!!!! :p
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
    It's tough for those voters from the graveyards to show their ID's. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I agree 110%!

Not One More Damn Vote Day!!!!!!!! :p
    LOL!
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.