Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "Someone tell me what it is with Christians and killing people?" DU loves bigotry. 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3936076

When they are so anti choice?

They want to "save the babies" and want to kill?

They usually are pro death penalty.

They are usually pro war.

They are usually poorly educated.

Please fill me in here.

The comments are nothing but Christian bashing..........with lots of ignorance shown about Christianity and Christians.
    earthside (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-06-08 10:05 AM
    Response to Reply #7
    15. Followers of Jesus: Reclaim Your Name
    Let's face it, the term 'Chrisitian' in the U.S. has been totally appropriated by the Republican religious right-wing. My challenge to those who are genuine followers of Jesus' teachings, ie., 'liberal' Christians, is to get aggressive and reclaim the label 'Christian' for yourselves, too.

It would be great to see some real push-back from 'liberal' pastors and theologians for a change.

I also have to agree with the observation that the fundamentalist Christains ought to be called "Paulists" or maybe even Old Testament Christians.

I often tune into a conservative Christian radio station just to hear what they are talking about. I'd say in the past nine or ten months I have yet to hear one of these radio ministries preach from Matthew, Mark, Luke or John. The text for their message is always from the Old Testament of from the Epistles.

The reason is, of course, is that except for Jesus death and alleged resurrection, they hate what Jesus had to say! Jesus WAS a liberal! Hell, he was a "community organizer"!

So, I don't even call these people Christians anymore, because what they really are is Republicans; their whole theology is political, whether they realize it or not.

As for me, I gave up the fight over 'Jesus versus Christian' when I realized that the liberal words of Jesus were what Buddhism was all about -- for my personal beliefs, the peace of mind was more important than the fight.
    And exactly HOW was He a "community organizer"? What was His goal? Who was He responsible to?
    TexasObserver (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-06-08 10:13 AM
    Response to Original message
    17. It's true that the most warring members of our country are Christians.
    The more one attends church, the more likely they are to support wars of expansion and the death penalty. They don't mind supporting killing and murder, in spite of what that guy said to the contrary, that Jesus guy.
    I almost fell off my chair in shock when I read this comment:
    cbayer (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-06-08 10:17 AM
    20. Locking
    Please review the posting rules concerning broadbrush statements about religious groups.
    I don't EVER remember a thread being locked for bashing Christians.........even when atheists were bashing liberal Christian commentors on the same thread.

Good for the DUmp!

The more one attends church, the more likely they are to support wars of expansion and the death penalty. They don't mind supporting killing and murder, in spite of what that guy said to the contrary, that Jesus guy.
    Where do they come up with this crap? When's the last tim the US conducted a "war of expansion?" And just what IS a "war of expansion?"

Note to Canada nad Mexico: The Christians are coming for you. :eek:

Just another lame attempt by the Libs to lump Conservative/Christian and Republican together. It serves them well. The original liberal attack dogs were clever to use this tactic. The mindless drones (read majority) on the left are parrots. They speak what they hear. Worse, most believe it.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    Where do they come up with this crap? When's the last tim the US conducted a "war of expansion?" And just what IS a "war of expansion?"

Note to Canada nad Mexico: The Christians are coming for you. :eek:
    War of expansion...Russia and Georgia. Of course, the DUmp is probably cheering for Russia.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    War of expansion...Russia and Georgia. Of course, the DUmp is probably cheering for Russia.

Don't laugh, many of them are.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

How a Lie Becomes the Truth.

I posted something like this earlier today but it still holds true. They lie to themselves concerning whatever issue they are discussing then believe the lies and act shocked that others don't believe the lies or the lies don't hold up to the reality of a situation. The lies can't be what are wrong so the truth must be at fault.

In this case, they don't understand Christians and have never bothered to educate themselves on Christian doctrine so the buy in to the stereotypes that fit some preconceived image of Christians and then make up 'facts' to support their stereotypes. Since they are in a venue that doesn't question what they made up they assume that the lack of a negative response indicates the correctness of their view. Thus in their minds the lie becomes a fact. Any real fact to the contrary is ignored or called lie. Isn't it ironic that those who claim to exist in an online reality based community (never mind the fact that a virtual online community is by definition not reality) have little or no use or respect for reality. Reality is just a lie to be proved false.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    How a Lie Becomes the Truth.

I posted something like this earlier today but it still holds true. They lie to themselves concerning whatever issue they are discussing then believe the lies and act shocked that others don't believe the lies or the lies don't hold up to the reality of a situation. The lies can't be what are wrong so the truth must be at fault.

In this case, they don't understand Christians and have never bothered to educate themselves on Christian doctrine so the buy in to the stereotypes that fit some preconceived image of Christians and then make up 'facts' to support their stereotypes. Since they are in a venue that doesn't question what they made up they assume that the lack of a negative response indicates the correctness of their view. Thus in their minds the lie becomes a fact. Any real fact to the contrary is ignored or called lie. Isn't it ironic that those who claim to exist in an online reality based community (never mind the fact that a virtual online community is by definition not reality) have little or no use or respect for reality. Reality is just a lie to be proved false.
    Hear, hear!
    They act so viciously towards everyone in the Christian faith (I can still remember a year ago, after the Denver church shootings, a lot of the DUmmies showing much more compassion for the killer than for his victims, portraying the brave security guard who risked her life to stop him as a bloodthirsty lunatic, and just generally using the tragedy as yet another excuse for them to express their massive hatred of Christians), yet the vast majority of them know next to nothing about what Christianity is actually like, basing their ignorant view of it almost entirely upon stereotypes put forth by either the secular media or their own warped minds.

This coming from a group that calls a murder choice, and terrorism justified as long as its against the west
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt