(1000+ posts) Thu Jul-07-11 07:31 AM
I'm just going to come out and say it-- Obama is a bad Democratic president
and doesn't deserve to be re-elected.
I have voted Democratic my whole life, and I have never been so outraged by a Democratic president until now.
It's not just the catering to Wall Street after the worst financial crisis in 75 years.
It's not just his sell-out health care deal.
For me it was:
1) continuing the horrible Bush "national security" and anti-terrorism policies
2) completely immunizing Bush officials from torture prosecution
3) starting new pointless wars and continuing counter-productive, wasteful, pointless wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan
4) making deals with Republicans to cut Medicare and Social Security and falling trap to right-wing memes
5) fighting liberals more than he fights conservatives
6) claiming what the US is doing in Libya is not "hostile" and ignoring the war powers act
I had really hoped he would be a transformational figure that would restore our country in a noble way. Now, I feel like he's just an embarrassment to Democrats.
Yes, the Republicans are horrible and insane and shouldn't be in office. That makes Obama's embrace of their ideas all the worse, in my opinion.
Our political system is so terribly broken, and he is just emblematic of the problems. Nevertheless, I have concluded that I cannot support Obama's re-election and will support a third party candidate.
We need to know the whole truth about what happened on 9/11/01. http://covertoperations.blogspot.com/