1. #1 Unionís Fight is About the Money 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    A website that is a must-bookmark on your web browser if you have even a passing interest in politics is OpenSecrets.org.

This page shows the top donors in Wis. fight and where the $ goes. Note the group and where. All unions go heavy for Dems.

For S&Gs, Ron Kind (D-LaCrosse) received $16,000 from the Koch brothers. Any one got a mole to burn?

http://www.lacrossewatchdog.org/2011...och-whore.html
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    A website that is a must-bookmark on your web browser if you have even a passing interest in politics is OpenSecrets.org.

This page shows the top donors in Wis. fight and where the $ goes. Note the group and where. All unions go heavy for Dems.

For S&Gs, Ron Kind (D-LaCrosse) received $16,000 from the Koch brothers. Any one got a mole to burn?

http://www.lacrossewatchdog.org/2011...och-whore.html

interesting
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

This is a really great website. Spend some time looking around, check top doners, see who donates to Democrats, who donates to Republicans, and who spreads their money across party lines.

Everyone already knows that the US political system is entirely corrupt and fueled more by money than it is by the wishes of the voters. This website serves to confirm that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Everyone already knows that the US political system is entirely corrupt and fueled more by money than it is by the wishes of the voters. This website serves to confirm that.
    Why does this website prove the system is corrupt? What's wrong with these groups giving money to politicians they agree with?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    Why does this website prove the system is corrupt? What's wrong with these groups giving money to politicians they agree with?
    Weighted wealth democracy is favorable to whom?

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Do you now how much wealth some of the larger unions have?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Who is it unfavorable to? I see unions giving money to democratic candidates. Unions tend to believe that democratic candidates support them and their cause more than republicans. Large amounts of money don't necessarily imply corruption, especially money from private resources. But now if we were to take a look at money flowing into candidates from public resources, the appearance of corruption might be a little bit more striking. The UAW might give money because they know that dems are on the same page as they are. But they still have to negotiate with the company they work for to determine their contracts. Public unions however, give money to elect people who are basically going to determine their salary and benefits. Their money has a lot more leverage, and hence, the potential to be more corrupting. I'll wager though, that that's not really a big issue with you.