1. #1 Iceland 'Gateway to Hell' Volcano to Erupt Again, Experts Say 
    Iceland 'Gateway to Hell' Volcano to Erupt Again, Experts Say

Published July 06, 2011

| NewsCore

Last year, a volcano near Eyjafjoell, Iceland, caused the world's biggest airspace shutdown since World War II. Experts now say that another one of Iceland's feared volcanoes is ready to erupt.

REYKJAVIK, Iceland Ė One of Iceland's most feared volcanoes, Hekla, looks ready to erupt, with measurement instruments showing likely magma movement, an Icelandic geophysicist said Wednesday.

The volcano is close to the ash-spewing Eyjafjoell, which last year caused the world's biggest airspace shut down since World War II, affecting more than 100,000 flights and eight million passengers.

The Iceland Civil Protection Authority said it was closely monitoring the situation.

"The movements around Hekla have been unusual in the last two to three days," University of Iceland expert Pall Einarsson said.

While this might not necessarily mean an immediate blast, "the volcano is ready to erupt," he stressed.

"The mountain has been slowly expanding in the last few years because of magma buildup," he explained.

The volcano, dubbed by Icelanders in the Middle Ages as the "Gateway to Hell," is one of Iceland's most active, having erupted some 20 times over the past millennium, most recently on Feb. 26, 2000.
    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...#ixzz1RQpwyxHs

Well it can wait until July 15th, then erupt all it wants. Then it'll have two weeks to finish up.

I'm sick of dealing with iceland volcanoes.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Well it can wait until July 15th, then erupt all it wants. Then it'll have two weeks to finish up.

I'm sick of dealing with iceland volcanoes.
    When the volcanoes aren't erupting, it's a lovely place to take a vacation----in the summer. It's geography is unusual and it's a lovely break from people. There are more sheep than people there---or at least when I was there. I loved the tranquility. Of course if the "gateway to hell" is erupting, it's not going to be all that tranquil. :p
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"