Thread: Friday Frolic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Friday Frolic 
    Power CUer
    Hot and muggy in the DC area; monsoons are expected this afternoon. Might as well be living in Rangoon.

TOTD: Summer vacation season is here. In general terms, are you a beach person or a mountain person?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

North Georgia Mountains Forecast:

Hi 86 Lo 64

Present temp 70

TOTD ... Florida Beaches in winter months & Mountains the rest of the time.

Being retired definitely has it's advantages! Can come and go as we please. :)

~ ABC
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 07-08-2011 at 10:06 AM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

It will be in the 80s today but we could get a repeat of yesterday's hellacious rains. I'll be keeping an eye on the afternoon build-up.

TOTD: Well, pretty obviously I'm a mountain person since we live about as far away from an ocean as it is possible to get in the United States. :p

I like the shore but not the beach. I love the boardwalk.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I love the ocean, but not the beach.

I was never happier than when I was on my sailboat alone at sea. Wife is not a sailor, though. And I'm not all that unhappy these days.

To answer the question as it was put? Mountains.

Banned
    I love the beach in the off season when it is not too hot and is less crowded. Red Neck Riviera from Gulf Shores AL to Panama City FL is the place to be. Might be heading to Orange Beach AL to check out buying a foreclosure this Sunday. The realtor is supposed to give me a call.

I've only been to the mountains a few times in my life. If the Rockies were closer to Michigan, I would possibly choose them over the beach. The part of Colorado I visited was probably the most naturally beautiful place I've ever seen.

We have lots of beaches here. The ones in West Michigan are awesome. The ones on Lake St. Clair, not so much, mostly due to e coli contamination.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I've only been to the mountains a few times in my life. If the Rockies were closer to Michigan, I would possibly choose them over the beach. The part of Colorado I visited was probably the most naturally beautiful place I've ever seen.

We have lots of beaches here. The ones in West Michigan are awesome. The ones on Lake St. Clair, not so much, mostly due to e coli contamination.
    Human Feces in the water..:eek:

Being in South Florida, I really miss the mountains, but I don't think I could live without the ocean. Eventhough I do not go as much as I did when I moved here, I like knowing I can get there in less than 15 minutes. My home in N. Georgia however, has amazing mountain views, and I love the crisp air that comes along with that.
    But If I had to choose one, it would be the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    TOTD: Summer vacation season is here. In general terms, are you a beach person or a mountain person?
    Yes.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg