1. #1 Man Killed In Fall At Ballpark At Arlington 
    Dad Killed At Ballgame Was Firefighter

ARLINGTON, Texas - Rangers pitcher Darren O'Day and A's relief pitcher Brad Ziegler led tributes to a Texas fan who died after falling over the left-field railing at Rangers Ballpark during Thursday night's game against Oakland.

Firefighter Shannon Stone, from Brownwood, Texas, lost his balance while reaching out to catch a ball that was thrown into the stands by Rangers left fielder Josh Hamilton during the second inning in Arlington.

Stone fell about 20 feet (six meters) behind a wall supporting the left-field scoreboard. He was treated by Rangers medics before being taken to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth but could not be saved.
    http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sport...1_NewsCore_ncx
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't know if this belongs in GD or Sports. If I put it in the wrong spot, please move.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

According to the accompanying video, he died of cardiac arrest an hour later. My fear is that there, as there always is, overreaction to something like this. Stupid rules may follow like no more throwing balls into the stands. Well, this guy was sitting in the outfield. What about homeruns? Thousands of balls are thrown or batted into the stands every year in MLB and this is one freak incident so I hope baseball and the Rangers don't overreact to this. I say Rangers because last season they had a fan fall from one deck to the next.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    According to the accompanying video, he died of cardiac arrest an hour later. My fear is that there, as there always is, overreaction to something like this. Stupid rules may follow like no more throwing balls into the stands. Well, this guy was sitting in the outfield. What about homeruns? Thousands of balls are thrown or batted into the stands every year in MLB and this is one freak incident so I hope baseball and the Rangers don't overreact to this. I say Rangers because last season they had a fan fall from one deck to the next.
    Teams will overreact because more than likely soon the lawsuits will be flying.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ