Thread: DU:

1. #1 DU: Republican governors are to blame for the high unemployment rate because..... 
    they have laid off government workers.

link

ThomWV Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-08-11 09:41 AM
    Original message: When Republicans (and Republican Governors) lay off people the Unemployment rate goes up.

I did not think it would come as a surprise to anyone that when Republican Governors all over the midwest lay off workers that the unemployment rate goes up. Not only are the people the Republicans lay off effected but the businesses they bought from, the local grocery store and auto mechanic, even the local Wal Mart, they all suffer too and so the layoffs spread.

So every time you see the announcement of another Republican Governor laying off employees just say to yourself, there goes the unemployment rate, up again. It isn't the President causing this unemployment, it is the Republicans, and most obviously their Governors.
    global1 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-08-11 10:27 AM
    Response to Original message
    2. I'm Convinved That This Is An Organized Effort On The Part Of The Repugs & Corporations.......

to make Obama a one term President. The Corps are rolling in money and can change things on the dime if they wanted to. Unfortunately they are taking this opportunity to sit things out so that in 2012 they can see regime change through and get more tax breaks and less regulations under a Repug administration.

I don't have the numbers but I suspect that the Repug governors all over the country are working their butts off to keep the unemployment numbers high. They are crashing the unions. They are caging the voters.

This is all a concerted effort to take back the WH in 2012.

What really upsets me is that we don't see the Dems calling them out on this at every opportunity they have and waking up the American People as to what is going on.
    Liberal_Stalwart71 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-08-11 10:27 AM
    Response to Original message
    3. YOU GET IT!!! Thank you so much!!! Why can't DU understand this?

These Republican governors are deliberately laying off *public workers* so that the unemployment rate goes up in the hope that the American people will blame Obama/Dems.

That's why I have been stressing that we participate in voting efforts at the local/state level. It's no longer about Obama. It's about these GOP wingnuts who dominate at the local/state levels!!!

link

LuckyTheDog Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-08-11 09:32 AM
    Original message
    Today's job report -- it's the MATH stupid! Updated at 4:23 PM

Once again, we prove that laying off tens of thousands of government workers every month is not a good way to lower the unemployment rate.

It's amazing that we're even debating this (in the country, not on DU). It's simple math.
    Last edited by Carol; 07-08-2011 at 10:29 AM.

The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

And yet they fail to comprehend that the ONLY sector hiring left and right in this crappy economy is the Federal Government.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    And yet they fail to comprehend that the ONLY sector hiring left and right in this crappy economy is the Federal Government.
    Yep. The ones that produce nothing but higher payrolls paid by the shrinking taxpayer rolls. The only thing government workers produce is debt, expense, and the monopoly money to pay for it.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Yep. The ones that produce nothing but higher payrolls paid by the shrinking taxpayer rolls. The only thing government workers produce is debt, expense, and the monopoly money to pay for it.
    Well said :D:D:D
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Well said :D:D:D
    Tanks. (Threw that one in for Linda, she needs stimuli).;)
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand