Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OrthodoxPresbyterian View Post
    He is running for higher office, in Texas. He's running for President of the United States, of which Texas is certainly a part.

And he's garnering the largest single share of Texas GOP active voters, in so doing. :)
    Why do you follow this man like he is some kind of Cult leader? haven't seen some devotion since obama ran for Prez.

He is running for higher office, in Texas. He's running for President of the United States, of which Texas is certainly a part.

And he's garnering the largest single share of Texas GOP active voters, in so doing. :)
    The former is true and I am glad to have him doing so to insert ideas, which is Mr. Paul's goal in doing so since he is smart enough to know that interrupting the same old conversation is the most he can accomplish. Many of his supporters don't get that, but he does. I give Paul more credit than most here, but I must say that his rabid followers get far less credit from me because of their disconnect from the reality I just spelled out.

As for the latter, polls have proven themselves to be less and less valuable these days for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that often they are conducted over the phone so that only those with a traditional landline will be respondents. That skews such polling right off the bat because it represents a cohort that is not a fair sampling by virtue of the diminishing sampling range as more and more people migrate to mobile phones and VoIP (e.g. Skype). In short, polling these days has become what climate science has become these days: untrustworthy. It is very easy and lucrative to make the data match your conclusion rather than the other way around.

Do you believe in AGW too?
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Banned

But why has he never ran for a Senate seat in 20 years? Answer, he could not win. He has no shot at getting the nomination because nothing has changed since he ran the last time. It is going to be the same old same old. If Dr Nutz thinks he is so popular, he should run for the vacant TX Senate seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Why do you follow this man like he is some kind of Cult leader? haven't seen some devotion since obama ran for Prez.
    "Such".

I personally think that is unfair. There are those on our side that give Palin equal or greater hero worship and that's ok? I should probably remind you and everyone that Ron Paul's "Revolution" was the catalyst for the Tea Party movement in case have you've forgotten or revised its history in your mind.

While I think that if a Paulite(s) starts acting like an Amway representative here, they deserve ever bit of scorn y'all wanna throw their way. However, to not allow Libertarians or Paulian Republicans to have a place at the table of ideas is as foolish as it is forgetful. I'm just sayin'.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    "Such".

I personally think that is unfair. There are those on our side that give Palin equal or greater hero worship and that's ok? I should probably remind you and everyone that Ron Paul's "Revolution" was the catalyst for the Tea Party movement in case have you've forgotten or revised its history in your mind.

While I think that if a Paulite(s) starts acting like an Amway representative here, they deserve ever bit of scorn y'all wanna throw their way. However, to not allow Libertarians or Paulian Republicans to have a place at the table of ideas is as foolish as it is forgetful. I'm just sayin'.
    Last time when he quit the race after the primary's he still had this group that thought they could drag him to Washington and elect him anyway, There are a group of his followers that are his own worst enemies.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Last time when he quit the race after the primary's he still had this group that thought they could drag him to Washington and elect him anyway, There are a group of his followers that are his own worst enemies.
    I agree. And while I respect his willingness to stand by his Libertarian principles and not filter those who support him, in practical terms it opens him up to the "Dr. Nut" label. As it has been pointed to by Ody and others, Paul found himself guilty by association (whether a photo op gaff or not) with the likes of Stormfront members, and worse for me personally: Jesse Ventura, who really IS batshit insane at this point, IMHO.

In short, and as I have stated before, Paul is as flawed in his dream of resurrecting the past as he imagines it as Obama is of creating the future in his own image.

"Such".

Funny I never said get rid of them or filter them out.

Just asked why the rabid gobbling of the Ron knob?

Banned
    The former is true and I am glad to have him doing so to insert ideas, which is Mr. Paul's goal in doing so since he is smart enough to know that interrupting the same old conversation is the most he can accomplish. Many of his supporters don't get that, but he does. I give Paul more credit than most here, but I must say that his rabid followers get far less credit from me because of their disconnect from the reality I just spelled out.
    Ideas are fine. However, a repetition of Dr Nutz supporters hashing and rehashing the same polls and newspaper articles is not. If these tactics are used, I hope the mods warn them, delete their posts and ban them as a last resort. The last invasion by these rabid followers here was not a pretty sight.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Ideas are fine. However, a repetition of Dr Nutz supporters hashing and rehashing the same polls and newspaper articles is not. If these tactics are used, I hope the mods warn them, delete their posts and ban them as a last resort. The last invasion by these rabid followers here was not a pretty sight.
    All of them here now, understand that we will not tolerate being swarmed and have been good contributors for the most part.
    I hope it stays that way.
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 07-08-2011 at 10:01 PM.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post

My friend, I trust the mods here and I know you do too. I'm just saying discussion outside an echo chamber is healthy until it is observed as being unhealthy. I think we are on the same page.

PS> I am going to win our bet. :D