Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    We were losing? Only someone who supports a guy who can't even get 2% of the popular vote claims the people that don't support "his guy" are the losers.
    Actually, didn't Ron Paul come in well ahead of Fred Thompson in popular votes in 2008?
    And also in pledged Delegates?
    Why yes -- yes, he did.

For as long as you last. YOu're either gonna stroke out or get banned for your incessant spamming and inability to conduct a decent debate of the facts.
    Uh huh. You know, if you need the lyrics to "Some Day My Prince Will Come", I'll be happy to post them for you.

And yet he'll still finish dead last and won't even make it to the Convention before he drops out...again.
    Er, no. That was Fred Thompson, actually.
    Last edited by OrthodoxPresbyterian; 07-09-2011 at 10:28 AM.

If Paul is a front runner as we get closer to election time, we can say welcome to 4 more years of descent into Marxism. A descent we will never crawl out of in my lifetime. The only hope we have is to continue the slaughter of the remaining progressive (Marxists) in our government and put Conservatives in control of all three branches and reverse the recent Pelousy, Ried, O Blah Blah agenda of the previous six years.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    If Paul is a front runner as we get closer to election time, we can say welcome to 4 more years of descent into Marxism. A descent we will never crawl out of in my lifetime. The only hope we have is to continue the slaughter of the remaining progressive (Marxists) in our government and put Conservatives in control of all three branches and reverse the recent Pelousy, Ried, O Blah Blah agenda of the previous six years.
    Guess which Republican polls best against Obama? RON PAUL.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    The Ronulans ALWAYS love to pull out an old picture like this...as if to say he's like Reagan or Reagan is like Dr. Nutz.

Couldn't be farther from the truth.

I bet if we dug deep enough we could find a picture of a smiling Reagan and Tip O'Neill.

He's the President...he's supposed to take pictures like this...a point that the Rounlans fail to grasp.
    actually, you probably don't need too, Regan and O'Neil were friends, but they could keep their personal and public relationships separate
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by OrthodoxPresbyterian View Post
    Actually, didn't Ron Paul come in well ahead of Fred Thompson in popular votes in 2008?
    And also in pledged Delegates?
    Why yes -- yes, he did.

Uh huh. You know, if you need the lyrics to "Some Day My Prince Will Come", I'll be happy to post them for you.

Er, no. That was Fred Thompson, actually.
    way to completely fudge things. the ONLY reason Thompson did that bad is he miscalculated and got into the race until September 5, 9 MONTHS after everyone else, including Paul.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Exactly my point and my fear. Paul will not get the votes needed because the GOP voters will not excuse the Nut factor. Paul might be your guy but he is not the man to beat the Marxist.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    way to completely fudge things. the ONLY reason Thompson did that bad is he miscalculated and got into the race until September 5, 9 MONTHS after everyone else, including Paul.
    (Shrugs). Well, that, and he expended a lot of the initial goodwill he enjoyed by running an absolute snoozer of a campaign. I will say this for Thompson's fans: it's a shame that most of them worked a lot harder for Fred Thompson, than Fred Thompson did.

That being said, even once he entered the Race -- Thompson got beaten by Paul in almost every State, and ended up with only about 1/5th of Paul's popular Vote Total. Hardly a candidate whose partisans are in any position to cast stones, as far as Popular Votes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Guess which Republican polls best against Obama? RON PAUL.
    Exactly my point and my fear. Paul will not get the votes needed because the GOP voters will not excuse the Nut factor. Paul might be your guy but he is not the man to beat the Marxist.
    Then why would one of the other Republicans, who uniformly poll LOWER than Paul does against Obama, be more likely to beat Obama?

(Shrugs). Well, that, and he expended a lot of the initial goodwill he enjoyed by running an absolute snoozer of a campaign. I will say this for Thompson's fans: it's a shame that most of them worked a lot harder for Fred Thompson, than Fred Thompson did.

That being said, even once he entered the Race -- Thompson got beaten by Paul in almost every State, and ended up with only about 1/5th of Paul's popular Vote Total. Hardly a candidate whose partisans are in any position to cast stones, as far as Popular Votes.
    He tried to run the race the way that was done in the past, but it blew up in his face.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    He tried to run the race the way that was done in the past, but it blew up in his face.
    I wouldn't disagree with this. Still kindofa shame, given the substantial goodwill he enjoyed early on. As 2008 candidates went, he was one of the better ones. (McCain? Romney? Giuliani? Really??)