Thread: Ask Bob Rankin

1. #1 Ask Bob Rankin 
    Here's Bob

I subscribe to his news letter. Sometimes it's wort reading, sometimes not but I can always delete it or unsubscribe if it isn't worth the effort.

Today's info: Online Photo Editors - the full story

Pixlr

FotoFlexer

Sumo Paint

Adobe Photoshop Express

PicMonkey

BeFunky

Flickr

Pros and Cons of Online Photo Editing Sites

So, online photo editing sites provide you with basic editing, markup tools and some advanced image manipulation options. This is great if you're away from your home computer and have photos you want to share, or when you don't have photo editing software of your own. Another advantage offered by these sites is that they are usually connected to social network sites and you can quickly send your images to your favorite websites. (See also my companion article: Free Online Photo Storage and Sharing.)

On the other hand, while these sites are free, fun and functional, there are limitations to what they have to offer. First of all if you have a dial up or satellite Internet connection these sites will be very slow or laggy. Also, if you're a power user of PhotoShop or other advanced desktop image editing software, you may not find all the fancy tools to which you're accustomed. But for most people, the range of features offered by the online photo editors is more than adequate.

And here's one important tip to remember... Don't hit the Back button in your browser while editing a photo. Always use the navigation buttons provided by the website, or you could lose all your edits in a single click.

I'm finding more and more free software that's totally web-based, meaning that it runs right in your browser, and there's nothing to download. I like this trend, because it really simplifies my life. Nothing to install, and I can access my programs and files from any computer with an Internet connection. Web-based software will also insulate you from operating system upgrades that sometimes cause software to stop working.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Seven Free PC Maintenance Tools
    Category: Software

CAUTION

The requested URL cannot be provided

URL:

http://www.sumopaint.com/home/

Blocked by Web Anti-Virus

Reason: phishing URL

Click here if you believe that the web page has been blocked mistakenly.

Detection method: heuristic analysis

-----------------------------------------------

Sorry - shoulda checked these all out before publishing the info.
    Last edited by Retread; 07-18-2014 at 05:11 PM.