1. #1 Why Shirley Bassey is horrified by today's pop stars 
    The glamorous diva bemoans the decline of class

Dame Shirley Bassey lives a solitary, almost mysterious life of luxurious semi-exile, earned over six decades of stardom, and sweetened by a rare ability to speak out when it matters. Last week, Shirley’s attention was caught by the phenomenon of female singers wearing revealing outfits at galas and premieres. The Dame did not approve.

“It is like they are all in competition with each other,” she said. “Who can wear the skimpiest outfit? I mean come on. These young girls are talented singers, they don’t need that, but they feel they have to be in competition to have the least covering. That’s the saddest thing.”

It was duly pointed out that Shirley, 78, had spent most of her career in a fleshy haze of sequins and boas. Yet the difference wasn’t hard to spot. Her targets – identified as the likes of Beyoncé and Rihanna – strip off to attract attention, and because their agents tell them to. Shirley’s stage outfits speak precisely to the mood, tone and mischief of her songs.
    Moe>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...pop-stars.html

I take it she doesn't approve of twerking.

The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Probably not - and on top of that she can probably still outsing well over 90% of the 'divas' out there today. The only thing most of them have is the body and the will to wiggle.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

My favorite Christmas song ever is Shirley's rendition of "Do You Hear What I Hear". She has an awesome voice, I'd pay to see her in concert.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My favorite Christmas song ever is Shirley's rendition of "Do You Hear What I Hear". She has an awesome voice, I'd pay to see her in concert.
    You are so right!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg