• Yes

13 24.07%
  • No

35 64.81%
  • Other explain below

6 11.11%
Page 104 of 154 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1540
    Scrappy has brought in one or two rabbits that some other animal killed. He'll chase them but he never catches any.

The cat hasn't caught anything yet. Maybe a moth or a cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I found him outside the other year but I think he had been an indoor/outdoor cat. Not to say he had been taken care of... he was eating bugs and dirt when I picked him up.

He's been inside since.
    I live close to a no kill animal shelter. Often people just dump the animals there in a box or along the road west of my house runs along the Mojave desert. A lot of people have moved and just left their animals behind. It's sad.

It's hard to drive by the shelter. Those dogs keep calling my name. They get some nice looking dogs. Most of them are from when the owners pass away, they take the animals so they don't get put down.

http://weststarranch.org/

I should of never looked at that website.

I picked up some Meguiar's Ultimate Compound during the week. I'm going to hit up Harbor Freight for a wool buffing pad and see what I can do with the MG's finish. I'm looking forward to seeing the result.

I've also got a very light nylon pad (2000 grit) and some clear-in-a-can... I'm going to try to patch up a few small areas of peeling topcoat and the one large area on the hood. Just enough to make the car look decent for a couple more years. I wouldn't mind having a small can of Lizard Skin for underhood coating, but they only sell it in gallon buckets. Hood insulation would have prevented the clearcoat directly above the engine from peeling in the first place.

Lizard Skin:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf7Ei7gjyxw

The Moss Tourist Trophy exhaust sounds wonderful but it's just a little too loud. I wonder if there's a way to remedy that. If not, I can live with it. It beats having a poor-fitting header and a rusty old exhaust. I can probably have someone fabricate a quieter muffler to a flanged pipe.
    Last edited by Chris; 04-26-2014 at 12:13 AM.

We need to lock this thread, enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I picked up some Meguiar's Ultimate Compound during the week. I'm going to hit up Harbor Freight for a wool buffing pad and see what I can do with the MG's finish. I'm looking forward to seeing the result.

I've also got a very light nylon pad (2000 grit) and some clear-in-a-can... I'm going to try to patch up a few small areas of peeling topcoat and the one large area on the hood. Just enough to make the car look decent for a couple more years. I wouldn't mind having a small can of Lizard Skin for underhood coating, but they only sell it in gallon buckets. Hood insulation would have prevented the clearcoat directly above the engine from peeling in the first place.

Lizard Skin:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf7Ei7gjyxw

The Moss Tourist Trophy exhaust sounds wonderful but it's just a little too loud. I wonder if there's a way to remedy that. If not, I can live with it. It beats having a poor-fitting header and a rusty old exhaust. I can probably have someone fabricate a quieter muffler to a flanged pipe.
    It's usually worth the money to pick up a 3M buffing pad.

You can use 600 to 800 grit to prepare for clear only. If the clear is delaminating you might end up just sanding and sanding until it's all off the hood.....

This is less expensive then lizard skin: http://www.amazon.com/Als-Liner-ALS-...rds=lizardskin

The hood could of been repainted and not all clear coat is created the same. Hoods are a common spot for collision repair.

I restored a car several years back and I used DuPont lifetime clear, even in the Nevada sun, it still looks like it just came out of the paint booth ten years later.

Use the sand paper wet with a rubber sanding pad.

Spray on undercoating should work to cover the back side of the hood. It dries quick and will have a flat black finish, should look really nice and will help protect the hood from heat and noise.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-08881-Under...productDetails

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Texting and walking don't mix!
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB