Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Couple of things I want to say.

I think Obama will run again and try his damnedest to win. He's never really been one for the job. Just the prestige that comes with it. All the perks. He would prefer to let Reid and Pelosi run the show while he is showered with rose petals on the way to play or relax. He loves the game of campaigning, but hates the day to day duties that comes with the office. It bores him. And he doesn't understand it all.

But back to DU.

Lets say day after Election Day.

Obama is defeated soundly. All these people pissed at him and saying they won't vote this time. When "Insert Conservative here" wins, want to bet they will be attacking each other for allowing it?
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    There's a part of me that has been wondering if Obama cares? I almost sense that he looks at the presidency as a goal achieved...next? If you know what I mean. He probably would love to be an ex-president; the speech circuit (he loves to here himself talk), book deals, special treatment/no responsibility, etc.

Whether any of that is true or not, I dunno, but he sure as hell is the worst president of my lifetime. He has Carter beat and is now whittling away at Wilson.
    Part of me feels that he thinks he is entitled because he's the FIRST. He got there first and he shouldn't have to do shit. I mean, the man won the NOBEL PEACE PRIZE w/o even DOING ANYTHING!!! The world already loved this man the moment he was elected;so why do anything else?

I'm sure he wants to be president first, but . . . pretty much because it would look bad if he didn't. Our last two presidents were two termers, he'd look inadequate by comparison (because he is).

Then again, if he fails (which is entirely possible) he can blame it on racism, and all the white people who voted for him the first time will once again be branded "typical white people".

Ya'll can't win, can you? :p

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post

~QC
    The racist charge will stick like mud to a waterfall...;)
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Then again, if he fails (which is entirely possible) he can blame it on racism, and all the white people who voted for him the first time will once again be branded "typical white people".

~QC
    Not if Cain is our candidate. They couldn't even try to pull that card.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Not if Cain is our candidate. They couldn't even try to pull that card.
    :D

ROFL...you're so cute, Jonsey.

<giggle. . . sigh>

-_- <serious face cause i iz seriouse

They will. They're already calling him an Uncle Tom.... Jon Stewart essentially got away with putting his toe in the water already.

It's going to happen. What the question is for me is . . . will the black community buy it? From what i can tell, they will. And if it happens to the levels that I fear...

I jus' won' be black no' mo'. :p

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

:D

ROFL...you're so cute, Jonsey.

<giggle. . . sigh>

-_- <serious face cause i iz seriouse

They will. They're already calling him an Uncle Tom.... Jon Stewart essentially got away with putting his toe in the water already.

It's going to happen. What the question is for me is . . . will the black community buy it? From what i can tell, they will. And if it happens to the levels that I fear...

I jus' won' be black no' mo'. :p

~QC
    The race card won't work this time. Just as it hasn't worked for Zero's guttersnipes. People are catching on to the fact that its his POLICIES, not his skin color, that don't work...;)
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    The race card won't work this time. Just as it hasn't worked for Zero's guttersnipes. People are catching on to the fact that its his POLICIES, not his skin color, that don't work...;)
    $10 to the Gary Sinise foundation if Cain gets the nod and a white liberal comedian makes a racial slur against Cain and gets away with it in the press?

~QC

$10 to the Gary Sinise foundation if Cain gets the nod and a white liberal comedian makes a racial slur against Cain and gets away with it in the press?

~QC
    That's an easy $10 from me, and you know it...:eek:

Considering they ARE the guttersnipes I was referring to. I was talking about the general population
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

~QC
    Oh they'll attempt it, no question about it. But it's going to have so little credibility (not that it ever had any before) that people will see it for what it is.

Not to mention that Cain is the type of guy who will point out how hypocritcal they are. I'd love to see that.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    That's an easy $10 from me, and you know it...:eek:

Considering they ARE the guttersnipes I was referring to. I was talking about the general population
    Hence the choice of charity, LOL.

~QC